DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavAir2 and smart controller clarified

speedbird_1

Reactions
So I got the combo a week ago. Very comfortable flying the drone using the SC through the Fly app.

it took a while to realize the DJIGo4 app does NOT fly the drone (although the app randomly allowed me to open it but now won’t since a firmware update).

So then I assumed the DG4 app was useless.

but now I think I’m realizing that to download or edit photos/vids, this is why the DG4 app is needed?
Trying to deconfuse myself. Thanks!

M2Z/P for example uses Go4, not Fly. It was after release of M2 that SC was released.
DJI started Fly with MM1. We"re hoping DJI doesn't stick with Fly if/when they come out with M3.

Reactions: Jet skier
but now I think I’m realizing that to download or edit photos/vids, this is why the DG4 app is needed?
Trying to deconfuse myself. Thanks!

No, you'd still use the DJI Fly app to download/edit photos and videos from your Mavic Air 2. As others have said, DJI GO 4 is for flying other models of drones that are compatible with the Smart Controller.

Well you could use the Go editor if you want to. You'll have to import the video file though which probably means double storage used.

Still doing a lot of reading and the manual suggests using DJI Go for edit and sharing pics.

let me as, front the mavic air 2, how do you guys typically and easily get pics from the drone to your computer pr phone Without DJI go 4 on the smart controller?

I usually take the SD card out of the AC and put it in a card reader attached to my PC.

Realize that the SC manual was written when only the M2 was around to use it, and M2 uses Go app. Manual doesn't seem to have been updated much since. Best to follow manual for MA2 and what it says about Fly, and any other Fly resources out there.

Reactions: speedbird_1
It's far easier to transfer your video/photos from the SD Card to your computer, assuming of course, you've installed one on the MA2 and are not using the internal storage. Because with large 4K videos, your smart device will rapidly exceed its capacity.

Course you can still transfer data from internal storage to your computer as well, you would need to connect the AC to the Computer via USB to move that data over..

For simple edits perhaps using the internal Fly Editor is fine, but its not something that you would want to do routinely and as I noted, your not going to have enough space over the long run unless you either move the data to a computer or perhaps keep buying more SD cards, not a good option, if you lose one, or one fails, all your work goes with it.

Still doing a lot of reading and the manual suggests using DJI Go for edit and sharing pics.

let me as, front the mavic air 2, how do you guys typically and easily get pics from the drone to your computer pr phone Without DJI go 4 on the smart controller?
I always take the SD card out and install on my Mac it’s very fast

Thanks for the clarification! Had a ball today flying around my old haunt. Got home and it was a quick upload to photos on MacBook.

I looked through the videos and images and it’s awesome.! Once on MacBook, what software do you like to use to edit videos? Im looking forward to simple Edits to youtune I guess.

love this forum, lots to soak in and learn! Thank you!

Thanks for the clarification! Had a ball today flying around my old haunt. Got home and it was a quick upload to photos on MacBook.

I looked through the videos and images and it’s awesome.! Once on MacBook, what software do you like to use to edit videos? Im looking forward to simple Edits to youtune I guess.

love this forum, lots to soak in and learn! Thank you!
I started out my editing journey using iMovie and it is free it comes with a Mac but then I moved onto final cut pro because they make it easier to upload 4K movies to YouTube but iMovie is a good place to start to learn the basics but there are definitely other editing programs to. I learned editing by watching YouTube videos and stumbling through

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico