DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven app?

Already downloaded and created a waypoint mission in about 5 minutes. Very intuitive and easy to use. Much easier than Dronelink, unless they have improved since I used it last year.

I have a couple of Maven waypoint missions up on YouTube. The second one has the latest version of the app and is much smoother than the previous version that was used on the first video. The first one didn't complete because the signal was lost going behind a mountain. But it performed an automatic return-to-home safely and avoided a couple of obstacles on the way (the mountainside).

The second one completed as planned.

Reactions: Flyingdogpoop
I'm thinking I'll buy it and try it, then report back here. Today, Feb 23rd, I'm traveling and won't be able to report anything until the weekend at the earliest. One question for people who have it already: How does it store flight logs? I download my data from every flight to AirData.com and that's going to be something that I still want to do.

Will this help
d6bb42d7cacec8f79255e43bf4066cd8.jpg

Reactions: Mitch76
Yes, yes , yes :) It's worth money. Today I've make first commercial flight with MA2 and Maven. ( no test preflight in that place )

Normally Litchi and PH4Pro, but I've crashed it 2 weeks ago. MA2 is my backup drone, but... for that kind of job ( progress of building highways ) it's perfect with Maven app.

I hope there won't be any problem to improve that app because of US ban...

I have a couple of Maven waypoint missions up on YouTube. The second one has the latest version of the app and is much smoother than the previous version that was used on the first video. The first one didn't complete because the signal was lost going behind a mountain. But it performed an automatic return-to-home safely and avoided a couple of obstacles on the way (the mountainside).

The second one completed as planned.

Another Maven waypoint mission ...

I really want to love the videos that Maven produces, but some moves are still far short of smooth. I do love the ease of programming missions, but rotary movements of almost any type seem to produce slightly unnatural, jerky movements at certain points.

I think I'm leaning toward mostly using Spotlight mode in the Fly app for rotary based focus mode shots. It seems far smoother than Maven. That said, I'm thinking that Maven could be really good for various types of dolly shots for which there's not a great type of built in mode in the Fly app.

Thoughts from others?
Chris

Appreciate the video, but that’s not a very good advert for the Maven app, way too much stuttering! It actually looks like you’re flying it manually. Did you use the latest version of the app that is supposed to improve this?

Seems pretty smooth to me, despite the coastal breeze. Where are you seeing stutter? At the four transitions between clips? This used the latest version. Send me the time stamps and I'll see what the drone was doing at the time.

Seems pretty smooth to me, despite the coastal breeze. Where are you seeing stutter? At the four transitions between clips? This used the latest version. Send me the time stamps and I'll see what the drone was doing at the time.
I would give you the time stamps except it's so noticeable ALL the time! As the drone moves around the building it keeps trying to catch up with the POI -especially noticeable in the first 2 minutes.

I would give you the time stamps except it's so noticeable ALL the time! As the drone moves around the building it keeps trying to catch up with the POI -especially noticeable in the first 2 minutes.
I suspect if I tried flying it manually to capture the same shot, I'd really be embarrassed to post it. :cool: But I see what you mean, and part of it could be the pattern I chose and the settings.IMG_505F66C830E7-1.jpeg

I suspect if I tried flying it manually to capture the same shot, I'd really be embarrassed to post it. :cool: But I see what you mean, and part of it could be the pattern I chose and the settings.View attachment 125473
It doesn’t look like you increased the radius of the turns at each waypoint? I find that if you do that, the transitions are much smoother

I suspect if I tried flying it manually to capture the same shot, I'd really be embarrassed to post it. :cool: But I see what you mean, and part of it could be the pattern I chose and the settings.View attachment 125473
yes, you should set the corner radius,
are you on the last app store version?

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I bought this app because I have both a Mavic Mini and a Mavic Air 2 and wanted to fly waypoint missions. I have flown my drones over boat Marinas but never over the open river. I live in Buenos Aires and fly right next to the River Plate (real big!). So far, my missions have worked ok and I am working details out with the headings and when and how the drone starts turning to focus on the next waypoint. I am pleased so far but will surely have more info to share soon as I am also going to be going into the automatic and semi-automatic "copilot" options.

Reactions: sarniac and Mitch76
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman