DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven app?

Can mission be done on a PC or Mac then download to the phone?

I don’t know about using a computer to create a mission. AFAIK, you need to use the Maven app to create a mission. But you can use a tablet to create a mission, rather than a phone. I use my iPad to create a mission, and then import it to my iPhone when I’m ready to run the mission.

I don’t know about using a computer to create a mission. AFAIK, you need to use the Maven app to create a mission. But you can use a tablet to create a mission, rather than a phone. I use my iPad to create a mission, and then import it to my iPhone when I’m ready to run the mission.
Does your iPad need to be connected to the powered-up drone In order to create the mission? (essentially ready to fly or take off)

Does your iPad need to be connected to the powered-up drone In order to create the mission? (essentially ready to fly or take off)
If you are creating a waypoint mission, then no: you create the mission, save it, and then run it later. If, however, you use Maven’s Virtual Copilot capability to track a stationary POI or a moving subject, you’d naturally have to be flying the drone.

I suggest you search YouTube for a better idea of what this dandy software can do. The developer, Michele Vagnetti, has channel there.

Reactions: InvisibleName
If you are creating a waypoint mission, then no: you create the mission, save it, and then run it later. If, however, you use Maven’s Virtual Copilot capability to track a stationary POI or a moving subject, you’d naturally have to be flying the drone.

I suggest you search YouTube for a better idea of what this dandy software can do. The developer, Michele Vagnetti, has channel there.
Thanks much. You’ve answered my question perfectly 👍

I have both Litchi and Maven. I'll have to look at possibilities for importing points. I'm using a 1st gen Mavic Mini and a Mavic Air 2. The MA2 seems to be the smoother of the two when flying a waypoint flight. Along those lines, flying faster introduces more jerks and jitters. I've had some success by zipping to get "on-scene", then using something slow, like 1.5 mph between a couple of points to get a smoother arc around the subject. Having a POI within 45º or so of the path helps too but even that can be mitigated somewhat by the slower speed over the ground and by not being too close. I believe it all comes down to the processor in the tablet/phone computing the next angle to uplink to the drone. If it varies by a big enough bit from the last input, it understandably would be noticeable. That might also be why some have speculated about the importance of tablet/phone processor power.

Someone else asked if one could just fly to points and record them as waypoints so as to generate the mission. Yes, that is how I believe it does in-flight mission creation, but one does have to go back and set the points with things like speed and action to be performed at each point.

Hope that helps
Tom

Reactions: mrsr71
Thanks much. You’ve answered my question perfectly 👍
Sorry to bug you again.

I downloaded the app and created a mission & exported it to my iPhone. 😊

Question: I started recording at the first waypoint (take off). Will it keep recording at each waypoint until I stop it or, do I have to stat it at each waypoint?

Thanks again for you help. 👍

Sorry to bug you again.

I downloaded the app and created a mission & exported it to my iPhone. 😊

Question: I started recording at the first waypoint (take off). Will it keep recording at each waypoint until I stop it or, do I have to stat it at each waypoint?

Thanks again for you help. 👍
Once started recording it will not stop unless you put a stop recording action in a waypoint. You also always start stop recording (or take pictures) manually with the remote controller during the mission

Once started recording it will not stop unless you put a stop recording action in a waypoint. You also always start stop recording (or take pictures) manually with the remote controller during the mission
Thanks again...

This might be a naive question for a semi seasoned pilot, but why do people use waypoints? Is it to film things out of range? Or just for shots? It seems to be a big feature that I have never used, just curious why it's so critical.
I find it useful for setting up shots, you can spend more time watching the drone rather than the screen. I'm also trying to set up a season by season trip round the local woods using time lapse, waypoints ensure consistently accurate location

Reactions: InvisibleName

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead