DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Accessories - what are the most important?

I found one in Tasmania. Could that be yours? Was it blue on one side and orange on the other? Atlantic Conveyor? .?? Actually you’re a long way away, so I think I’ll keep it.

Fooling aside, some people say that a landing pad is a worthless waste of time and a rip-off. I disagree. Having a clean launching surface is very worthwhile. Keeps the crap out of your rotors during take-off, and is a good landing pad if you don’t want to catch. It weighs next to nothing And can also be used as a reflector for photography.

Quite a few suggest hand launch and land. I'm still a bit risk averse and like my fingers as they are. Last week I took the round hoop one since it has loops for staking as I was launching and landing on snow and knew that the prop wind would move the folding stakeless model all over the slippery snow. I did not want my lens exposed to moisture on landing and taking off. In my back yard I've generally used a remnant rectangle of outdoor carpet but it will sometimes move with the prop wind (wash?)

Probably the most useful bits I've picked up for my M2 would be the fast chargers, extended landing gear, and large sd card.

Next on the list is a power bank for the remote. Still undecided on messing with external batteries but I did get the battery clip.

Reactions: Coskier
My personal opinion on "necessary" accessories includes:

1) At least 3 batteries
2) A good-quality case or backpack
3) ND filters (8, 16, and 32 minimum)
4) Gimbal lock (just ordered the PP version which, like Lon, is my third)
5) A reliable Micro SD card reader, preferably USB3 (if your computer supports it)
6) Extra UHS Class 3 cards and a memory card case

Nice to have...

1) Landing gear extensions
2) A decent landing pad that won't blow away in the wind (unless you hand launch/catch)
3) A fast charger (just received the RC Geek model but have been using the 3-battery Yx model since last Fall)
4) Prop "clamps" for easier storage in tight quarters.
5) Reliable tablet or Crystal Sky
6) The Smart Controller (if you have moolah to burn) :)

My personal opinion on "necessary" accessories includes:

1) At least 3 batteries
2) A good-quality case or backpack
3) ND filters (8, 16, and 32 minimum)
4) Gimbal lock (just ordered the PP version which, like Lon, is my third)
5) A reliable Micro SD card reader, preferably USB3 (if your computer supports it)
6) Extra UHS Class 3 cards and a memory card case

Nice to have...

1) Landing gear extensions
2) A decent landing pad that won't blow away in the wind (unless you hand launch/catch)
3) A fast charger (just received the RC Geek model but have been using the 3-battery Yx model since last Fall)
4) Prop "clamps" for easier storage in tight quarters.
5) Reliable tablet or Crystal Sky
6) The Smart Controller (if you have moolah to burn) :)

Very good list!

My kit:
5 batteries
Car Charger
Ipad Pro 11"
Polar Pro ND filters 8-32 with matching PL (never really use)
Short Braided USB-C cord
Skyreat Controller Mount for the iPad.
Pelican Hard Case.
The iPad fits in the hardcase lid and makes for a complete kit.

=)

Good list... I use Luminar and Aurora too. They are greatly improved lately and even have some aerial settings. I would include a polarizer with your ND set and I find leg extensions to be a huge help.

Reactions: ssvdh66
I thought about this some more. Here are my accessories in no particular order.

1. GPC Case
2. Fly more kit-everything but the bag is important
3. RC Charger for when I don’t have time for the hub.
4. ND and PL filters
5. Landing Pad
6. Mavmount
7. LIPO bags

Everything else I can live without.

Reactions: TheRock
I found one in Tasmania. Could that be yours? Was it blue on one side and orange on the other? Atlantic Conveyor? .?? Actually you’re a long way away, so I think I’ll keep it.

Fooling aside, some people say that a landing pad is a worthless waste of time and a rip-off. I disagree. Having a clean launching surface is very worthwhile. Keeps the crap out of your rotors during take-off, and is a good landing pad if you don’t want to catch. It weighs next to nothing And can also be used as a reflector for photography.
Absolutely agree. My landing pad is my most used accessory. It is great for protecting the props in long grass and keeping grit & stuff out of the airframe when launching from/landing on other surfaces. I now have leg extensions too, and use these two in combination. I have also purchased a hard case to protect the drone and associated accessories when in the boot of the car and would highly recommend one of those too.

I thought about this some more. Here are my accessories in no particular order.

1. GPC Case
2. Fly more kit-everything but the bag is important
3. RC Charger for when I don’t have time for the hub.
4. ND and PL filters
5. Landing Pad
6. Mavmount
7. LIPO bags

Everything else I can live without.
Yeah, absolutely agree with that list. Have ended up with exactly the same set of accessories.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead