DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 controller loses charge while turned off

jwt873

Reactions
My controller is losing its charge while it's turned off.

At around 2:00 PM today I charged it fully (Showed 100% on the display). I never powered it up, I just unplugged it and set it aside. At 6:00 PM (four hours later) when I turned on the controller, it indicated a 98% charge. It somehow lost 2% over two hours. I can't comment on how much charge it loses over longer periods because I've only had the M2 for two days.

Is this normal or something I should be concerned about?

At around 2:00 PM today I charged it fully (Showed 100% on the display). I never powered it up, I just unplugged it and set it aside. At 6:00 PM (four hours later) when I turned on the controller, it indicated a 98% charge. It somehow lost 2% over two hours. I can't comment on how much charge it loses over longer periods because I've only had the M2 for two days.

With the M2 controller, losing a percent or so seems to be normal hours after charge without use. The MP1's controller will hold a 100% charge for up to 3 to 6 days before it starts to slightly discharge to about 75% over a week after that.
My M2P controller does the same as yours, but has only discharged to 95% and has maintained that charge for over 6 days without use.

I just pulled mine out after about 5 days of storage... still at 100%

How many flights on the controller so far?

Less than 20. I usually do three aircraft batteries worth of flying each time I take it out and I charge the controller after each flight session.

Thanks for the replies.. This might be a false alarm.

I charged it up yesterday after supper, left it overnight, and this morning it's still at 100%. I've only flown three times so far. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

Unboxed my M2P and charged the batteries and controller to 100%, less than an hour later went to activate my drone and powered up the controller, seems mine went down to 98% too.. weird.. never had this with my MP1

I could have sworn my controller lost a bit of charge the first couple of times I changed it. But it usually stays at 100% now. Any short use can drop it a couple points and you may forget you turned it on for a second.

My remote is dropping it’s charge also 100% charge and couple hours later it’s 98% couple more hours is 96 % and so on , once it gets down to 88% it seems to stay there for a couple days I’ve noticed so far , also have noticed even with the phone charging turned off when flying my Mavic the remote looses its juice quite fast , way faster that my Mavic Pro ever did , I re-flashed the firmware this evening , maybe a bug got in there .. hope this isn’t an ongoing issue to deal with ...

Nothing to worry about, first it takes a few charges fir battery to fully find its full potential and second when you charge it you probably disconect it as soon as it said 100%. Normally when they get to 100% they are in a float or trickle charge that started at 90% of charge and it takes longer to get that last bit into battery. Leave on charge till it turns itself off. That's when it's truly at 100%. You just got yours to an initial state that reads 100% but will drop back 2 to 3% after taking of charge and battery cools down. It's called serface charge and disapates quickly.

Can one renew the battery in the RC ?
I'd also like to know about battery replacement in the RC as mine is no longer increasing % battery during charge, no matter which method of charging I try or cable I use, same result.

I'd also like to know about battery replacement in the RC as mine is no longer increasing % battery during charge, no matter which method of charging I try or cable I use, same result.

It should be covered by warranty. It is NOT covered by their replacement insurance (can't recall name).

Only flown My M2P once and have charged the controller 5 or 6 times now. I have noticed that the controller battery loses about 1 - 2% per hour after charge has completed (and switched itself off and disconnected from the charger). After a week in the bag, it's totally flat.... This NEVER happened with my Mavic Pro .... I also have a CrystalSky, and love the setup, but this may be the final nudge I need to try / buy the Smart Controller .... Has anyone else had this problem? Does your Controller battery go completely flat after a week in the bag?.....

Hi. It has started to happen to me too these last weeks But it's discharging a lot. In a few days I've found the controller with a 67% or so after a 100% charge. I've used it for many hours, but really not a lot. I bought it a year and three months ago.

Hi. It has started to happen to me too these last weeks But it's discharging a lot. In a few days I've found the controller with a 67% or so after a 100% charge. I've used it for many hours, but really not a lot. I bought it a year and three months ago.
You realize the last post in this thread was over 18 months ago...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor