DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 falling from the sky - Complete failure

I imagine I am wrong but it looks like it was attacked. Could you please - How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet
My new Mavic 2 zoom had complete failure yesterday during flight. There was no warning and it dropped from the sky at 140 M. The battery was at 20 % happened in a clear sky. This happened on the 6th flight, I have been flying drones for the last 2 years. I have emailed DJI Support and said they will get back to me, I'll Keep you posted. The recording stopped within a second after the failure you can see the footage here.

Did you hear back from DJI? It happened to me this morning. My new Mavic 2 Zoom just fell out of the sky without any warning :(. I will create a separate post with the details and my last video.

You're welcome. Just keep your finger crossed for us that DJI will do the right thing and figure out what's wrong. To be honest even if they replace my M2Z that crashed without any warning, I am not as comfortable flying after the incident.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Yeah, but will have more time flying it before we die, instead of having more gloating time. Lol.

Update,
Sorry for the delayed post.
I have received a new drone in September it was flying fine. DJI said it was an issue covered under warranty. I asked for more explanation, but I was told by the agent that without recovering the drone its hard to jump into conclusions.

New story

The drone I revived also crashed - as I was flying, I felt the drone not responding as usual, so I tried to bring it back. when it was at close sight, as It was on obstacle avoidance. It started moving to left and crashed to a nearby pillar.

Need to check into the log to see what happened.

Depending where you read, one place will imply you only have 48 hours to buy refresh, other places you can still buy refresh after submitting a video showing it is in proper shape.
They're running a 10% special until the 31st, with indication you have a 2nd chance by submitting video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb