DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Fatal Flaw: Broken Camera/Gimbal?

At this point it appears that OsitaLV was right in the first place, the delay was due to a gimbal flaw and they decided to put just a bit more glue to the first lot.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Not to be off topic, but since we are talking about the gimbal here, I will tell you that I am not impressed with the gimbal cover on the Pro. I thought DJI would have improved on that. It actually looks like it will cause damage to the gimbal by the method of how you have to remove and install. You physically have to push the guide I would call it, over the yaw and pitch motors. It pulls the gimbal down quite a ways before it seats into the guide cradle. You will see what Im talking about when you get yours. Time for you 3D printer maniacs to get busy on this one. Ok, as for me?, the gimbal guard for the M2 is in my judgement, a POS.
Sorry guys, :eek:

Last edited:
Not to be off topic, but since we are talking about the gimbal here, I will tell you that I am not impressed with the gimbal cover on the Pro. I thought DJI would have improved on that. It actually looks like it will cause damage to the gimbal by the method of how you have to remove and install. You physically have to push the guide I would call it, over the yaw and pitch motors. It pulls the gimbal down quite a ways before it seats into the guide cradle. You guys will see what Im talking about when you get yours. Time for you 3D printer guys to get busy on this one. Ok, now the gimbal guard for the M2 is in my judgement, a POS.
Sorry guys, :eek:

The gimbal lock has been a pain in the butt since the Phantom series. Mavic Pro and Air gimbal locks are a pain, P4P is a pain too. Im sure PP and Fstop will come out with some aftermarket ones if they havent already.

Reactions: ssvdh66
No mention of glue there. I think "material" failure would more aptly describe the problem if it is glue thats causing the problem. IMHO, I dont think that bad glue could be described as a design flaw.
LOL so you'd say that is not a "seriuos design failure" in the gimbal? It shouldn't be glued in the first place!

Thanks to all early adopters who are willing to do beta testing for DJI. I would be really pissed if this happened to me. DJI will not cross ship a replacement, even when they have sent you a product that is defective, right out of the box. You will have to return it, wait for them to receive it and then wait in line for a replacement.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks to all early adopters who are willing to do beta testing for DJI. I would be really pissed if this happened to me. DJI will not cross ship a replacement, even when they have sent you a product that is defective, right out of the box. You will have to return it, wait for them to receive it and then wait in line for a replacement.

Great point. Many major manufacturers do, especially if it's as portable as a drone. At least they could offer cross-shipping as an option with a deposit of, say, $250 until they get your drone.

Many times, I have given loaner drones to customers while their drone is being repaired.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead