DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Fatal Flaw: Broken Camera/Gimbal?

About 10 years ago, a friend of mine bought a brand new Honda Accord at the stealership. The engine ate itself and had to be replaced under warranty, with less than 10k miles. It happens with a large enough sample size.

Besides, those photos were probably leaked from a pre-production test unit.

Reactions: Cyclone and ssvdh66
About 10 years ago, a friend of mine bought a brand new Honda Accord at the stealership. The engine ate itself and had to be replaced under warranty, with less than 10k miles. It happens with a large enough sample size.

Besides, those photos were probably leaked from a pre-production test unit.
I agree,can't find a time stamp anywhere & noone is claiming ownership

Image allegedly captured by an Autel Evo right before the incident.

m2gimbal.png

Last edited:
The Mavic gimbal has a gyro built in to the camera barrel to feed the IMU its pitch data. The gimbals are mechanically set at the factory to find center. If a gimbal arm becomes bent, or in this case, off center, you can offset the roll difference in DJI Go, but only to a certain small degree. You also dont want your camera barrel to be mechanically off center because it will put added stress on to the roll motor.

If this is a real story, and the gimbal fell out. owner repair is absolutely not recommended because it will void your warranty.

I tried to replace a gimbal on a P4P using and it threw all kinds of errors. Had to give up and send it to DJI.

Reactions: Former Member
He dropped it and the camera hit the corner of the table.
That's what the Facebook post said before it was removed.
It didn't just fall off while sitting on the table.

Reactions: Kilrah and ssvdh66
Op is not bogus. He posted pics when we requested them, he posted video when we requested, AND THEN posted full pics of the drone when people were calling him out saying he crashed it.

The dude's name was Dustin so the guy in the YouTube video isn't lying about that. I talked to op and he said that dji was getting him a new one that will take three weeks to arrive as well as no additional compensation offered by dji for this ridiculous inconvenience.

Yes the OP who has this is Dustin.

The other people posting the same pics is BS.

He will not be waiting weeks he should have another unit in his hands by around Thursday hopefully.

The truth is we don’t know what happened at this stage. DJI are taking it very seriously and are having this straight back to look at.

There is only one person I have seen with this and all of the same images you are seeing are just copy cats. .

Hi Guys... This is what I think:

The picture is true I guess but the story is fake. Who said the picture was took since August 23rd? I guess they (DJI) had issues earlier this year when testing the Mavic 2 and they may have taken pictures from that too. So I think that someone somehow could reach to these pictures and made up a story to attract attention. Worst is... who is this so called Dustin? Nothing makes sense here.

Cheers!

Reactions: ssvdh66
This thread made for some fun reading. 4 pages of people bickering and arguing over something that none of us know is true. Just relax everyone...it will be ok.

Now hug it out.

Apparently here's only one thing more exciting than getting a new drone – fretting about all the ways that it might conceivably fail.

Apparently here's only one thing more exciting than getting a new drone – fretting about all the ways that it might conceivably fail.

Im always stunned when my MP1 takes off, flies and gets back intact. Every flight i fully expect it to break. A tiny lump of plastic with zero redundancy made from cheaper-bidder parts hundreds of feet in the air makes me nervous!

A tiny lump of plastic with zero redundancy made from cheaper-bidder parts hundreds of feet in the air makes me nervous!

This is off topic, but these were my thoughts about the US Space Shuttle program. An astronaut really doesnt want want the cheapest bidder to be building his rocket motors, but that's the government procurement system. Sometimes one heat shield panel fails due to cheap workmanship, and then the shuttle couldnt perform reentry. DJI is no different.

Reactions: ssvdh66
This is off topic, but these were my thoughts about the US Space Shuttle program. An astronaut really doesnt want want the cheapest bidder to be building his rocket motors, but that's the government procurement system. Sometimes one heat shield panel fails due to cheap workmanship, and then the shuttle couldnt perform reentry. DJI is no different.

True but to be fair especially in government work theres no guarantee the highest bidder will use any better quality parts as it hits their profit margin!

Im not expecting my little consumer drone to have redundancy but that still makes me nervous - 1 point of failure isnt good. (I do a lot of technical and rebreather diving and theres no way we'd do any of them planned in a way where a single point of failure could bring it all to a halt!)

Reactions: Former Member
True but to be fair especially in government work theres no guarantee the highest bidder will use any better quality parts as it hits their profit margin!

Im not expecting my little consumer drone to have redundancy but that still makes me nervous - 1 point of failure isnt good. (I do a lot of technical and rebreather diving and theres no way we'd do any of them planned in a way where a single point of failure could bring it all to a halt!)

The big problem with quads is that there are many single points of possible failure with no redundancy. One prop fails, you're in the ground. Bad battery? Crash. Hexacopters with multiple batteries would be a safer bet for consumers, but they wouldnt sell as well. If one motor flames out on a hex, you can return home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom