DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 firmware v1.00.04.00 dual RC support added

As far as the Crystalsky is concerned, if we could attach the CS to the SC with a cord (or wirelessly) and transfer camera control that way... That would be awesome! So far, it's been cool to hook the CS to my TV and go outside to fly while everyone inside can see what I see.

DJI should (if they don't) make a module that does just that. Links to the aircraft and provides an HDMI out. That would be awesome for commercial or SAR operations.

I'm glad you asked! I linked the standard controller with the Crystalsky as the primary and the Smart Controller as the secondary. Since one of the reasons for dual control is camera operation, 7.85 screen works really well for this. I removed the sticks to eliminate that possibility ,as it's the primary and have them hold the Crystalsky with the remote serving no purpose, so now they can control the camera with a finger pressed on the screen. Pretty cool. Obviously, it would be ideal to have the SC as primary but its not that tragic in my opinion.

Ah. Makes sense. Very interesting the primary controller w/CS at v4.3.14 would still be happy as primary, and cool to use the SC as secondary/camera operation. Similar to how we would operate at times when using dual controllers.

From those who decided to upgrade, any report of issues with new firmware?

I've found one - when using dual RC the zoom wheel doesnt work on the Zoom model. Works fine with 1 RC connected but as soon as the second one comes online, I cant zoom. I can zoom via the screen with both connected though.

Is that a bug or feature? You never know with DJI...

On which remote are you trying to zoom? It would be logical that this is moved over to the 2nd remote since that's supposed to be used by the camera operator.

On which remote are you trying to zoom? It would be logical that this is moved over to the 2nd remote since that's supposed to be used by the camera operator.
On either, both zoom wheels don't work. The functionality is restored when it goes back to single RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000