DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 ignoring maximum altitude limit

I haven't tested it to your extent but I experienced the same thing yesterday: Mavic 2 zoom ignored the 30 meter max height I had set. I was in class D airspace with authorization and flysafe unlock. Earlier in the day I was in uncontrolled airspace and it did stop me at 120 meters as usual with on screen and spoken warning. I updated to firmware v01.00.0510 and DJI Go 4.3.24 a couple of days prior.

( @The Editor - DJI unlocking license active. Otherwise I'd get "Can't take off in a No Fly Zone." )

Last edited:
I haven't tested it to your extent but I experienced the same thing yesterday: Mavic 2 zoom ignored the 30 meter max height I had set. I was in class D airspace with authorization and flysafe unlock. Earlier in the day I was in uncontrolled airspace and it did stop me at 120 meters as usual with on screen and spoken warning. I updated to firmware v01.00.0510 and DJI Go 4.3.24 a couple of days prior.

( @The Editor - DJI unlocking license active. Otherwise I'd get "Can't take of in a No Fly Zone." )
Understand but DJI's arbitrary NFZ do not have any association with real life and a sectional chart - so you could be in Class D but DJI have ommitted to flag it as no NFZ and vice versa.

I'd suggest re-applying the firmware, but you experienced the problem both before and after you did an upgrade.
I assume you applied upgrade to AC and RC? Sometimes re-applying an upgrade fixes quirks like this, even though the original upgrade didn't fix anything.

How about a factory reset? You might need an older assistant to do that.

I'd suggest re-applying the firmware, but you experienced the problem both before and after you did an upgrade.
I assume you applied upgrade to AC and RC? Sometimes re-applying an upgrade fixes quirks like this, even though the original upgrade didn't fix anything.

How about a factory reset? You might need an older assistant to do that.
I've been away from home for the summer, and even though I have the Mavic with me, I haven't flown since May. Hasn't been out of the bag for flight, charging, or software upgrade. (OK, charged once...)

I flew today in a DJI blue NFZ with a self-unlocking license (and LAANC authorization of course). Go4 Maximum Altitude setting of 30m was respected. Here's the txt log:

I then returned to the spot I first noticed this problem, within a DJI red NFZ with a custom unlocking license. Go4 Maximum Altitude setting of 30m was NOT respected. Here's the txt log:

I suspect a software problem, unless people here have other ideas. Since altitude is part of the custom unlocking request, perhaps DJI intends that to be honored over whatever you set in the app. But it's not working.

The only thing I've done is calibrate the compass. I have not yet tried re-applying the firmware. (I did the recent firmware upgrade through the app so I assume it updated both the AC and RC. Repeated for each of four batteries. Also updated the Go app.)

IMG_2341.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Elude
RC and AC updates are separate, but Go will check both and let you know if either is out of date, offering to update them, one at a time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS