DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 lost in mountains

louderwo

Reactions
Start with my basic excuse first of all I am 80 years old have trouble with this texting had much rather talk to someone but don’t know who or how to talk to anyone same problem other person had had my drone 3 or 4 weeks went up into the mountains back where you can only go with the Rockcrawler flew my drone over a lake took some beautiful pictures and then somehow it got away and I don’t know where it went I don’t know if I did something I don’t know what happened but my drone is out in the bushes in the mountains and I can’t find it and don’t know what to do I have a CSV file that someone downloaded for me but don’t know what to do with it. I’ll try to attach. 8 people searched for over two hours in the bushes and no luck. We had no internet service so was limited with tracking. Cab file couldn’t upload.

Reactions: Randy
Thanks. csv file doesn’t show anything but latitude, longitude and battery %. There are 4000 of those last one shows gps weak. #3933 shows 38.612194 -106.359350 and 72% battery. The rest shows na(gps weak)

Attachments

• A9570135-9FD0-489B-9BFE-419DEB795C9F.png
    A9570135-9FD0-489B-9BFE-419DEB795C9F.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 271
Start with my basic excuse first of all I am 80 years old have trouble with this texting had much rather talk to someone but don’t know who or how to talk to anyone same problem other person had had my drone 3 or 4 weeks went up into the mountains back where you can only go with the Rockcrawler flew my drone over a lake took some beautiful pictures and then somehow it got away and I don’t know where it went I don’t know if I did something I don’t know what happened but my drone is out in the bushes in the mountains and I can’t find it and don’t know what to do I have a CSV file that someone downloaded for me but don’t know what to do with it. I’ll try to attach. 8 people searched for over two hours in the bushes and no luck. We had no internet service so was limited with tracking. Cab file couldn’t upload.
i hope you find it....and i hope you got dji care refresh because more then likely it is damaged....good luck...don't give up looking for it..

Also don’t know how to get flight log or who to call to report.
Try something like this here

I have dji care but can’t get up the mountain to look for it

You'll be better off getting another drone to look for you

Thanks. csv file doesn’t show anything but latitude, longitude and battery %. There are 4000 of those last one shows gps weak. #3933 shows 38.612194 -106.359350 and 72% battery. The rest shows na(gps weak)
it'll give an understanding to others who know what to look for if it's what I'm thinking you mean!
Motor Obstructed > when did this happen and etc...

looks like it was near/about 900m out from where you set Home point so unless you have bionic eyesight it was not visibleScreenshot_20180923-180335.png

UPLOAD THE CSV (RENAME THE file extension to .TXT if it won't load up here!!) file, please

Last edited:
Try something like this here

You'll be better off getting another drone to look for you

it'll give an understanding to others who know what to look for if it's what I'm thinking you mean!
Motor Obstructed > when did this happen and etc...

looks like it was near/about 900m out from where you set Home point so unless you have bionic eyesight it was not visibleView attachment 47528

UPLOAD THE CSV (RENAME THE file extension to .TXT if it won't load up here!!) file, please
Even if I saw it don’t think I could get to it. Camera was running I have video of where it was flying and showed it going down. when it went Dow.

Even if I saw it don’t think I could get to it. Camera was running I have video of where it was flying and showed it going down. when it went Dow.
Oh right!
any file to upload yet!
This is such a sad case of knowing where it is but not being able to get the craft.

I have located and downloaded the flight log, can’t read it but do I need to? I just need to get it to the insurance and see if they will replace it.

I was flying my Mavic 1 pro in the mountains about a year ago. Flew up a valley to look at a lake and then hit RTH. In a straight line back to me there was a mountain peak that I had not set the return home altitude high enough and the Mavic hit some oak brush on that peak. Fortunately I had a Marco Polo sending unit on the drone and I was able (barely) to climb up the peak and retrieve my drone. Even though it had collided full speed with an oak brush there was no damage except for two propellers.

Reactions: Prmath and SpinItUp
I thought even the M1 had collision avoidance during RTH.
Mavic2 has HUUUUGE(C) D.T. problem with precision landing , even if its 50 meters away from RTH point and 17 satellites it can land in 30 m away , in my case i have tiny pond beside house and 4 times M2Z almost landed into the pond . Louderwo has 7 satellites , probably it just land on mountain , btw when it lands obsticall awoidance sensors always RED at any mods S/P/ T

It is a known thing that the m2 does not have precision landing. It has been said that DJI acknowledged this and will be including it soon in a firmware update.
Still, it should only be no more than about 10ft off, which is a little more than 3m. 30ft is excessive.

Reactions: mmoguls
It is a known thing that the m2 does not have precision landing. It has been said that DJI acknowledged this and will be including it soon in a firmware update.
Still, it should only be no more than about 10ft off, which is a little more than 3m. 30ft is excessive.

Its crazy , when its over 200 m away it comeback at exact place , but when it less it just seats down where i hang in the air .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara