DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 lost in mountains

I am sorry that you can’t see the big picture. I don’t need to know why it happened. I know where the drone went down I have video and I have the coordinates I don’t need to know what happened. I need DJI to do something about replacing it, I was sorry you don’t see My problem. thanks for offering help and answering.

I have the gps last spot. You don’t understand Colorado mountains. No horse can go there. Thanks again
It sounds like you are the one that's not seeing the bigger picture.
Maybe the last point recorded is where the drone is and maybe it isn't.
There are all kinds of factors involved.
I was offering to go over the data and check that for you but if you don't want any help it's no worry to me.

I'm sorry you lost your drone. Let me see if I can summarize the issues.

1. It sounds as though you don't care why it crashed.
2. It also sounds as though you are confident that you know exactly where it is.
3. But you believe you cannot get to the place where it is because of cliffs and/or vegetation.

With those facts, I guess we're not too certain what you need help with. But let me see if I can summarize what others have said:

1. DJI Refresh is not insurance...it's a prepaid discount on a new drone in the event you crash your drone.
2. Since it's not insurance, you must return the broken drone to DJI in order to receive the discount on a new drone.
3. The reason DJI requires you to return the broken drone is that otherwise people could just say they lost their drone and then receive a cheap new one, and then they would have two new drones.
3. You can buy insurance from places such as State Farm, but that is a different product than DJI Refresh.

Now, to address your problem about retrieving the drone:

Looking at a map, it looks like the drone is over 12,000 feet in elevation. I am familiar with Colorado mountains, and I suspect, and the map and satellite support this, that the spot where you think it is located is above treeline. So vegetation may not be a problem.

It is steep right there, but if you find someone who is experienced in mountain climbing or scree scrambling, he or she may be able to retrieve your drone. Things that look impossible to you and me are easy for some people.

But, before you send someone up on that steep mountain, it would be a good idea to follow the directions at DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help so the very smart people on here can confirm for certain the likely location of your drone.

Additionally, your screen shot does not show a specific location of the drone, even if it's correct. It shows a very large icon on top of a zoomed out satellite image. If you upload the file as requested, they may be able to find the precise GPS coordinates of the drone so someone can climb right to it using a GPS.

If they can confirm the location, then you can try to find someone who can hike up there and find it. And if you can find it, you can send it back to DJI for a new one.

I hope that helps.

I'm sorry you lost your drone. Let me see if I can summarize the issues.

1. It sounds as though you don't care why it crashed.
2. It also sounds as though you are confident that you know exactly where it is.
3. But you believe you cannot get to the place where it is because of cliffs and/or vegetation.

With those facts, I guess we're not too certain what you need help with. But let me see if I can summarize what others have said:

1. DJI Refresh is not insurance...it's a prepaid discount on a new drone in the event you crash your drone.
2. Since it's not insurance, you must return the broken drone to DJI in order to receive the discount on a new drone.
3. The reason DJI requires you to return the broken drone is that otherwise people could just say they lost their drone and then receive a cheap new one, and then they would have two new drones.
3. You can buy insurance from places such as State Farm, but that is a different product than DJI Refresh.

Now, to address your problem about retrieving the drone:

Looking at a map, it looks like the drone is over 12,000 feet in elevation. I am familiar with Colorado mountains, and I suspect, and the map and satellite support this, that the spot where you think it is located is above treeline. So vegetation may not be a problem.

It is steep right there, but if you find someone who is experienced in mountain climbing or scree scrambling, he or she may be able to retrieve your drone. Things that look impossible to you and me are easy for some people.

But, before you send someone up on that steep mountain, it would be a good idea to follow the directions at DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help so the very smart people on here can confirm for certain the likely location of your drone.

Additionally, your screen shot does not show a specific location of the drone, even if it's correct. It shows a very large icon on top of a zoomed out satellite image. If you upload the file as requested, they may be able to find the precise GPS coordinates of the drone so someone can climb right to it using a GPS.

If they can confirm the location, then you can try to find someone who can hike up there and find it. And if you can find it, you can send it back to DJI for a new one.

I hope that helps.
You are right on! Thanks for the summary! And the help.

EXACTLY why I put reflective tape all over my bird. So easily spotted at night. If a friend has a Mavic2, or just a powerful light hanging underneath would be a pretty easily find. That dark gray almost stealth in the trees. Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu