DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 lost in mountains

What if you have video of the crash in a location that CAN NOT be accessed without hiring a helicopter. That’s is where mine is.
Use another drone to find it and retrieve it.

Sharing the log would be a help in knowing what may have gone wrong
Video would be great.

I'm sorry for your loss and all that, plus apologies if you don't want to or feel it would be of no use to you.

Give the closest GPS or description where you lost it. Perhaps somebody here is close enough to go look for it, could be a fun project.

If your video cache was on you should have a video on the phone right up until it was lost. I lost mine once, found it with the maps, but if I had the video cache on would have known exactly where it landed on a neighbors garage roof. I lost the visual before hand and had no idea where it was. The drone apparently felt there was not enough power for the Return To Home and just went into landing mode on the way home. Stange as the battery was about 20% at the time. The drone was still powered on when I found it 2 hours later so there was sufficient power still left. Very bizarre experience. But now I use video cache and erase it after each flight.

Posted video when lost

Last edited:
So someone else was flying your mp2. I believe this person screwed up. The warning signs were there. You should ask that person to purchase you another drone.

It is a known thing that the m2 does not have precision landing. It has been said that DJI acknowledged this and will be including it soon in a firmware update.
Still, it should only be no more than about 10ft off, which is a little more than 3m. 30ft is excessive.
I’ve never heard of a mavic landing 30ft away from home point.

Me neither, hence my comment. 10ft - yes I experienced that myself sometimes, though usually 1 - 5 ft off. 30ft - no, never seen that.
However if one was not far enough to trigger full RTH where it just lands, it may seem to be 30ft off. That designed threshold is rather extreme to me, but it is by design and documented. You will even be told 'landing' when you initiate RTH too close to home instead of 'Return To Home'. That too happened to me so I aborted RTH.

Same with my mavic Pro. I backed it into a bush 110 feet up on a cliff just outside of Red Rock Canyon. it has 5 months of DJI Insurance left so feel free to fly up there and retrieve it if you'd like a free drone! The camera was still providing a beautiful view of the roadside 110 ft down when we left...

So someone else was flying your mp2. I believe this person screwed up. The warning signs were there. You should ask that person to purchase you another drone.
I was flying my drone. I told my wife I wanted another $2000, guess what she told me, can’t post it.
Same with my mavic Pro. I backed it into a bush 110 feet up on a cliff just outside of Red Rock Canyon. it has 5 months of DJI Insurance left so feel free to fly up there and retrieve it if you'd like a free drone! The camera was still providing a beautiful view of the roadside 110 ft down when we left...
Would the insurance do anything??

Red Rock Canyon above Echo Reservoir?

I was flying my drone. I told my wife I wanted another $2000, guess what she told me, can’t post it.

Would the insurance do anything??
If DJI were willing to back up a "missing" drone we would all have 2 by now...

If DJI were willing to back up a "missing" drone we would all have 2 by now...
Mine is not missing, I have video and coordinates of where it is, you just cannot get up the mountain to where it is. I accidentally crashed it. Insurance should cover that, else what good is the insurance?

Does the insurance cover mountain rescue?
I'm guessing not, your only hope is setting up a go fund me page or s'thing.
Pinning your hopes on any clauses in a tiny paragraph within an insurance claim is looking highly unlikely.
Hope s'one has the time or inclination in setting one up for you!

Mine is not missing, I have video and coordinates of where it is, you just cannot get up the mountain to where it is. I accidentally crashed it. Insurance should cover that, else what good is the insurance?
You think you have the location but you haven't posted any flight data to get a 2nd opinion or analysis of the incident to learn from it.
If you want to find out properly, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and give you a suitable search location.

Reactions: SpinItUp
You think you have the location but you haven't posted any flight data to get a 2nd opinion or analysis of the incident to learn from it.
If you want to find out properly, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and give you a suitable search location.
I have the coordinates and video of it going down. I’ve uploaded the flight data to DJI. JUST WAITING ON THEIR RESPONSE
THANKS

I have the coordinates and video of it going down. I’ve uploaded the flight data to DJI. JUST WAITING ON THEIR RESPONSE
THANKS
And DJi are hopeless at communicating.
I was offering to give you better information than they would and within 30 minutes.
You don't seem to want any help.
Good luck.

Reactions: SpinItUp
What if you have video of the crash in a location that CAN NOT be accessed without hiring a helicopter. That’s is where mine is.
It's like going down in a lake or ocean you need the bird to get warranty replacement you mite fine a backpacker with a horse
go look for it but you need the GPS last spot to find it. DJI can help you with getting that.

you need the GPS last spot to find it. DJI can help you with getting that.
DJI are next to useless for that sort of information.
But the recorded flight data and experienced folks on the forum can usually help much better and faster.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
And DJi are hopeless at communicating.
I was offering to give you better information than they would and within 30 minutes.
You don't seem to want any help.
Good luck.
I am sorry that you can’t see the big picture. I don’t need to know why it happened. I know where the drone went down I have video and I have the coordinates I don’t need to know what happened. I need DJI to do something about replacing it, I was sorry you don’t see My problem. thanks for offering help and answering.
It's like going down in a lake or ocean you need the bird to get warranty replacement you mite fine a backpacker with a horse
go look for it but you need the GPS last spot to find it. DJI can help you with getting that.
I have the gps last spot. You don’t understand Colorado mountains. No horse can go there. Thanks again

Attachments

• A4958B72-5107-44FD-A536-A902C320AB4D.png
    A4958B72-5107-44FD-A536-A902C320AB4D.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder