DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 miss behaving

Jet skier

Reactions
Has anyone had a problem with the drone not stopping when you take your finger off the right stick, instead of the usual stopping right away it slowly keeps going ? I just had DJ I look at it and they said it was fine.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Has anyone had a problem with the drone not stopping when you take your finger off the right stick, instead of the usual stopping right away it slowly keeps going ? I just had DJ I look at it and they said it was fine.
Sounds like ATTI Mode kicked in when the number of connected satellites drops below 6. At this point it's flying freely with no GPS hold (so inertia keeps it going). I'm sure others will chime in but that's (initially) what it sounds like.

Has anyone had a problem with the drone not stopping when you take your finger off the right stick, instead of the usual stopping right away it slowly keeps going ?...
Does it eventually stop? if so, it may be in Cinematic mode.

It does eventually stop but I’m pretty sure it was in P mode

Sounds like ATTI Mode kicked in when the number of connected satellites drops below 6. At this point it's flying freely with no GPS hold (so inertia keeps it going). I'm sure others will chime in but that's (initially) what it sounds like.
That sounds like a logical explanation but I’m pretty sure the top of the screen was green GPS, I will have to check on that tomorrow at the park it is possible. Thanks for the tip

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
It does eventually stop but I’m pretty sure it was in P mode
Cinematic mode is usable while in P mode. It just dampens movement to get a smoother video so it will take longer to stop and turn. If you need to stop quickly press the pause button on the RC.

Just took my drone out flying for a couple hours and it still has the same problem it does not hold a GPS lock I had a green band on top GPS mode with 21 satellites, flying it around is OK but is soon as you take your right fingers off the stick it just keeps drifting Slowly and that’s not normal

Just took my drone out flying for a couple hours and it still has the same problem it does not hold a GPS lock I had a green band on top GPS mode with 21 satellites, flying it around is OK but is soon as you take your right fingers off the stick it just keeps drifting Slowly and that’s not normal
Share the flight data from this flight and we can take a look and see what might be going on. Use the .txt log first. Upload that
file to : Log Viewer
and share a link back here to the upload.

We may also need the device .dat file. Lets see the .txt log first.

Share the flight data from this flight and we can take a look and see what might be going on. Use the .txt log first. Upload that

Thank you, It might be a while I’ll have to figure out how to do all that I’m not that computer savvy

Thank you, It might be a while I’ll have to figure out how to do all that I’m not that computer savvy
Instructions for the .txt log are on the link above. After that if we need the .dat file. We can cross that bridge if needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections