DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro.. 1 Min crash... :(

UPDATE: I found screenshots that I had of the email in question. It is of no consequence now, but this further drives my point that DJI customer service will frustrate you for no reason. I offer my apologies to the community here because I said earlier that DJI stated that flight records are not stored on the drone, when in fact what they did was to tactfully evade that question again. The first screenshot is my email to them and the second is their reply.

I wouldn't call that evasive - the email clearly states that in the absence of DJI GO 4 flight records then none will be available. That is simply incorrect.

I wouldn't call that evasive - the email clearly states that in the absence of DJI GO 4 flight records then none will be available. That is simply incorrect.

I trust that you're far more knowledgeable on the topic than I am, and also this Rep, who is either willfully lying or doesn't know any better. As for myself where I am slowly gaining knowledge, for them to not answer question number three with a yes or no but instead, a long statement, in my ignorance this is evasive.

I absolutely appreciate all input and I ensure that you have my utmost respect as well as all the other members of the forum. May I humbly ask what the effects of open field and better lighting would have on the loss of control ability of the drone?
I'm definitely seeking answers that we may all learn more as I have since joining the group, not necessarily trying to poke holes in the reliability of the drone (though there may be some) because even if DJ I were to replace the drone completely, we would still not know why I lost complete control of the drone seconds after takeoff. I hate the uncertainty and it may cause me to pack my running shoes on my next flight.
Correct me please if I am wrong here however if RTH is initiated either accidentally or auto related you can still cancel with the manual button on the controller? also, even with RTH on, as you get close to the landing point you still have some control over the craft?

Reactions: ssvdh66
Correct me please if I am wrong here however if RTH is initiated either accidentally or auto related you can still cancel with the manual button on the controller? also, even with RTH on, as you get close to the landing point you still have some control over the craft?

Yes, you can cancel with the X on the RTH window on screen.
Or, push pause . . . a further number of stick movements can also cancel RTH, can't remember what ones, I hardly use RTH, and when I do I just let it do it in full.

If coming in to land, yes you can have some control over the aircraft movement, but I feel it's best to either take over and land yourself, or let it finish to auto land totally, less chance for a last minute problem with some little flight hiccup.
If it's going to precision land or close on a good flat surface, leave it.
If it's coming down somewhere not suitable nearby, take over and fly to a good spot to put it down.

Auto land still does the process of putting it down and shutting off motors, so almost automatic in that anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson