DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro 6 mile flight, 64082 ft distance

Very impressive, yes indeed you’re top M2P distance for stock hands down.

Our batteries are taking a beating flying at 0%, Congrats to getting the Mavic 2 Pro back safe from its record flight.

Paul

Thanks Paul I appreciate it. I’m actually got bumped from the top spot this morning Buy a couple hundred feet by a good buddy of mine. We’re having fun Fly this incredible piece of new Tech...

being able to fly as far as you can still see the UAS is great. flying beyond line of site is just dangerous, and makes UAS pilots look bad as a whole. you can't watch for other aircraft doing this. BTW helicopters don't abide by the 500 foot rule.

people need to stop with these risky range tests. someone is going to get hurt/killed.

Reactions: wolframmitbach
being able to fly as far as you can still see the UAS is great. flying beyond line of site is just dangerous, and makes UAS pilots look bad as a whole. you can't watch for other aircraft doing this. BTW helicopters don't abide by the 500 foot rule.

people need to stop with these risky range tests. someone is going to get hurt/killed.

This guy went no more than 20-30' off the ground. I think he's been the safest yet at these attempts. I'll be somewhere in spring break 2019 where I might mimic these results.

Reactions: Rodkat
View attachment 45986 View attachment 45987

Met a good friend this morning, fly our Mavics out on farm land and test our most current firmware update: Didn’t plan flying my Mavic 2 Pro out so far, but first two miles battery strength was looking good and on the fifth mile it looked like it had plenty left to make another mile. So, I went for it and at 31,730 feet (6.009 miles) out turned it around with battery strength at 52%.

What seemed like a long journey back, Mavic 2 Pro finally made it back to launch area with 0% battery left, total flight distance was 64,082 feet round trip. Luckily, have flight recorded on SD but would have preferred to record with Screen Record. Still new with posting video, best I can do at present time is a couple of pictures from DJI flight records.

My friend and I, were smiling ear to ear when my Mavic 2 touched down 5 feet from launch area. Boy that was cutting it close, 0% battery strength as it touched down and those last several hundred feet I was doing everything I could to keep it flying boy it was close.

Total 64,082 feet round trip
As crow flies: 31,730 feet (6.009 miles)
Total flight 23.58

Stock Mavic 2 Pro, amazing piece of equipment.
Paul

Pretty kewl. The first thing I thought with the first photo was, "52% battery? Looks like this guy had a tail wind going out. He's going to be in trouble coming home."

Be careful allowing your battery to drain down to 0%. It's good to do that occasionally for battery maintenance (per DJI recommendation - I do mine every 10 flights), but I wouldn't make a habit of that.

Good luck.

and we already have a new world record.

PABLO CHACON!

ITS GOOD TO SEE it will actually do the DJI claimed distance

This guy went no more than 20-30' off the ground. I think he's been the safest yet at these attempts. I'll be somewhere in spring break 2019 where I might mimic these results.
Agreed! I've flown my MP out to about 5.25km in a valley miles from anywhere/anyone at about 20m high, if a manned aircraft hit it then it'd be hitting the ground at about the same time. Landed with 18% battery so probably could've made 6km out/12km return. The OP picked a safe and sensible place to test his new bird, great job.

Reactions: Talley
I thought DJI drones initiated an auto land when battery hit 10%? I'm I mistaken?

I've only gotten to 10% once, MP was only 20m from take off point returning from 3km, initiated auto land but I was able to coax it the last few metres.

Don’t be upset at users flying long distances. Dji is letting it happen by manufacturing drones that could fly long distances.

I thought DJI drones initiated an auto land when battery hit 10%? I'm I mistaken?

Hello Mitch,

That’s true, it’ll starting descending but the user can still use the controller to keep M2P flying. It’s a battle keeping it up, but user can continue to fly if in a pinch.

I don’t recommend running the battery down so low, but if in a pinch user knows they can continue flying to bring back the M2P.

Take care,
Paul

Reactions: Mitch
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25