DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Battery Life

Wolffboy

Reactions
I have had a new Mavic 2 Pro since September and I am not getting anywhere near the "31 minutes" of fight time DJI specs with this model.
I have 4 DJI branded batteries and I am lucky to get 24 minutes on a charge.
I also noticed the batteries seldom get to 100% charge using the wall charger or the car charger. They get to 92-98% max
I also have a Phantom 4 Standard since 2016 and it;s batteries get much better flight time than the Mavic 2.

Any similar experiences?

I couldn't find another thread on this - apologies if there is.

Thanks and happy flying!

The 31 minutes figure assumes pretty much ideal conditions. In practice, you're at the mercy of the wind (how hard the motors have to work to keep the drone steady) and temperature (cold is anathema to battery life). Some drones are also going to be inherently more stable than others due to differences in weight and cross sectional area, which might explain Phantom giving better flight times.

No idea on the battery charge issue. I check my battery charge as part of my power on checklist, and I don't recall ever noticing a freshly charged battery showing less than 100%. They do start to self-discharge if they've been left on the shelf for more than ten days, so if you're preemptively charging them a few days before use that might be the reason. Alternatively, it could be that you have some bad/underperforming cells within the battery packs, but that seems less likely given you seem to have the issue on four separate batteries.

You will rarely get the DJI claimed flight times. If you look at the Specs you will see the test conditions used to get 31mins. You will get close to achieving the time if you fly at the specified speed in zero wind.

As to your charge issue the packs should be at 100% straight off the charger. Are you trying to top up a partially charged battery? They need to be below a certain % for charging to start. If they are close to full and you want to top them off switch them on before connecting the charge lead.

Reactions: Thomas B
My batts all go to 100% every time.

DJI are good in that they mention the conditions that will achieve 31mins flights and 29mins(I think) hover.

Basically a dead calm 25-30 degree Celsius evening will give you the advertised times- if you fly as they say.

I’ve pretty much achieved their claimed max travel distance already, in much less than ideal wind conditions (17.1km with 8% batt left)

I only seem to get 23 min max for all three of my batteries. That doesn't trouble me, I got 21 min new on my P3A, now about 18 min.

one of my batteries gets to between 80 - 90 % charge and then stays there. In other words it indicates that it is charging but in fact it is not. Therefore if I charge all 3 batteries on the hub and the faulty one starts with the highest charge level , when it gets to the80 - 90% range it prevents the other 2 from starting their charge cycle. Anyone had a similar problem? Firmware is up to date.

On a fresh charge (same day), I see 23-24 min battery life at 30-40 degrees F and 21-22 min at 100-104 degrees F ambient.

I’ve noticed that I get better battery life on warmer days. 30-35 Celsius gives me a about 2 mins more flight at 100% forwards stick in P mode (50kmh)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147