DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro crashed and won't turn on

Alex0327

Reactions
I accidentally flew my Mavic 2 pro into a power line at 50 ft and it crashed on the ground. The only visible damage is the front right landing leg. When I try to turn on the drone the fan starts and the back right motor starts to turn but immediately makes a loud click like it is obstructed and turns off. None of the other motors begin to turn. The back right motor does spin freely like the others but with a tad bit more resistance. Will replacing the one arm and broken landing leg be the only repairs it needs?

I accidentally flew my Mavic 2 pro into a power line at 50 ft and it crashed on the ground. The only visible damage is the front right landing leg. When I try to turn on the drone the fan starts and the back right motor starts to turn but immediately makes a loud click like it is obstructed and turns off. None of the other motors begin to turn. The back right motor does spin freely like the others but with a tad bit more resistance. Will replacing the one arm and broken landing leg be the only repairs it needs?
Hi Alex,
That's an impossible question to answer. Do you have refresh? If not I would send it in for repair. This site has a vendor djidroneservice and I have only read good things about them.

Hi Alex,
That's an impossible question to answer. Do you have refresh? If not I would send it in for repair. This site has a vendor djidroneservice and I have only read good things about them.
I don't have refresh. I have hull insurance. Should I send it in for repair or pay the $200 deductible to get it replaced? Which option do you think might be cheaper?

Djidroneservice I b
I don't have refresh. I have hull insurance. Should I send it in for repair or pay the $200 deductible to get it replaced? Which option do you think might be cheaper?
I believe djidroneservice has free shipping and inspection. You can choose not to have them repair it and they will ship it back to you is what I understand, but at least check them out. This is what I would do.

Djidroneservice I b

I believe djidroneservice has free shipping and inspection. You can choose not to have them repair it and they will ship it back to you is what I understand, but at least check them out. This is what I would do.
Alright, thanks for the info.

Also, if it fall 50 feet or so it may have damaged ECS, (Electronic Speed Controller.
The ESC controls the speed of the motors which directly alters the in flight aircraft directional changes. If you receive ECS status error message hardware could be damaged from a hard landing or crash. Sometimes a simple restart of the aircraft will clear the errors, and other times a firmware update/refresh will do the trick. If the ESC board is damaged, you will need to send your drone into a repair center unless you have experience soldering and repairing electronics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98