DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro disconnected during flight

henoch m2p bermuda

Reactions
my drone jst disonneted while flying. i have no clue why how not reocrding. waited hoping it wold return home no such luck. Been flying only 3 wks. Big fun. No issues even in high wind. Yesterday was calm pretty out and I lost her.???!! Got a crystalsky monitor 4 xtra batteries no drone. What now? Try another. Will it happen again? Will the newly purchased care refresh be transferred ?

I wouldn't just accept the loss. You should go find that drone, so you can use DJI care to get it replaced (if it crashed or was damaged).
You should have the telemetry from that flight on your phone, which should tell you where it was when it lost connection, which is where you can start the search...

You can upload the telemetry file to the tool over at phantomhelp.com, and then post the link here so we can see the flight details and try and assist you...

Upload your flight log and someone here maybe help you find it.

Was the connection from the remote to the drone lost or the connection between the tablet/phone and controller?

It is was between the tablet/phone (very common) the drone would just sit waiting for input until low battery kicked in RTH - but you would have heard this on the remote.

If connection between remote and drone was lost then again the drone would RTH automatically after a short while - which didn't happen (Assuming you left the RTH settings as go home rather than hover or land)

It could be the drone hit a power cable or bird strike or the the RTH height was set too low to clear any trees or buildings on the way and collision avoidance wasn't on or blocked by sunlight.

Did you try using the "Find my Drone" option on the main opening menu in go4? (Top right menu) I should give you the last known location before connection was lost. Its a good place to start.

Your logs on the device are your best option though as they will give speed, height and direction info to help find where the drone ended up.

I wish you luck.

Reactions: Brewbud
Get used to it....mine lost signature 4ft away from me,did a backflip into the ground in pieces, WITH NO INPUTS ON STICKS!!...of course dji says crash while in sport mode....repair $345 or $119 for replacement...pay $119 and 3 weeks later I receive the exact same drone/serial number matching..oh,and only 23 minutes total flight tiime...so much for "THE BEST DRONE ON THE MARKET"... $2000 PAPERWEIGHT IS ALL I HAVE...THANKS DJI

You paid for a refresh replacement and they sent you back the drone still broken? Something is wrong there.
While I asked for repairs, thought I was paying for repairs but really it was refresh. Now I have separate flight logs. At least I found how to reset the file count.

I have had disconnects several times. In my case it it loss of RC to AC signal. Check the flight status screen. It probably shows poor quality. The sig meters will not show this. I think there is an issue switching bands in auto mode. My first flight I had a disconnect 50 feet away and lost total control. Took a few minutes for the RC to reconnect. Plenty of posts about stuck on poor quality on DJI forums. I even bought a new DJI approved phone to make sire that was not the issue. It is not a cable or phone problem.

Hi Mav pilots! Thanks, I was using a Dji Crystalsky monitor and because of y'all was able to see the last flight. I live on a 22sq mile island and had hovered over one of his boats so we could see if it needed bailing then I flew up and away around the same area, I'm just off beginner mode so all restrictions height, distance etc are on usually work. I can see where it established a home point, cpl times I lost sight of it and had it return to home til I saw it, (cloudy) then it said aircraft disconnected, I walked a few hundred yards while waiting for the battery to drain it's still set on 25% like it came, no reconnection no rth. I can see now that it landed and where, on the water.
I couldn't figure how to upload it to the Phantom app but I think it's worth a diver if it's not too deep. What else can I do?! I don't know, if the care refresh will transfer if I buy another, why it happened, if it'll happen again etc. Hopefully I can get the exact gps location and retrieve it if it's not too deep. Anyone heard of insurance for a drone? Pretty sad I was flying it like every day 3-4 batteries at a time high high wind it was awesome. The day before I got a high wind danger of flyaway warning instead of my green line upper left corner kept flying til it rth on 25% battery. I was in love for a few days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard