DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro filming in Difficult lighting H265 / H264

Drone UK

Reactions
So this was my second video made with the M2P and due to my Mac and Final Cut Pro X will not work with the H265 i have had to revert back to the old Rubbish colour contrast setting of H264 Normal. The contrast is terrible and made it very hard to film with the bright sky. I did not want to loose the detail in the sky so i had to lower the exposure. Problem is this then meant the ground was really dark and made it very difficult to edit.

Anyways this is my second vidoe and with the above i guess its not terrible but its no way near as good as my Fog video last week.

Comments very welcome and any suggestions with using the old H264 would be appreciated. Or how to get the h265 to work.

Thanks
Andy

Good chance your too far back with your Mac OS- I think it’s the last two that provide native HVEC support. It will be either that or you need to update your FCPX.

Reactions: Drone UK
Good chance your too far back with your Mac OS- I think it’s the last two that provide native HVEC support. It will be either that or you need to update your FCPX.

i did update the Mac but still didnt work. The mad thing is that the Mac is less than 2 years old and cant believe the Mavic 2 Pro new filming type wownt work. Really disappointing :(

Also in FCPX the file would import but its a black screen

The first thing I would check is that you can open the file in quick time player. At least then you will know whether you need to be looking as the OS or FCPX for your solution.

The first thing I would check is that you can open the file in quick time player. At least then you will know whether you need to be looking as the OS or FCPX for your solution.

nope Quick Time does not even entertain these video files :(

So this was my second video made with the M2P and due to my Mac and Final Cut Pro X will not work with the H265 i have had to revert back to the old Rubbish colour contrast setting of H264 Normal. The contrast is terrible and made it very hard to film with the bright sky. I did not want to loose the detail in the sky so i had to lower the exposure. Problem is this then meant the ground was really dark and made it very difficult to edit.

Anyways this is my second vidoe and with the above i guess its not terrible but its no way near as good as my Fog video last week.

Comments very welcome and any suggestions with using the old H264 would be appreciated. Or how to get the h265 to work.

Thanks
Andy

Did you ever find a solution? My mid 2015 MBP running FCP and iMovie has no problem opening and editing H265 4k and 2.7k files

Did you ever find a solution? My mid 2015 MBP running FCP and iMovie has no problem opening and editing H265 4k and 2.7k files

my solution was i have to film in H264 and i have reduced the contrast so that i can edit more freely in Post

Mac OS High Sierra (10.13) released Sept 2017 supports H265 (Apple calls it HEVC). Check your OS version. You should be able to upgrade for free if you're running something less than the latest (10.14.4).

Mac OS High Sierra (10.13) released Sept 2017 supports H265 (Apple calls it HEVC). Check your OS version. You should be able to upgrade for free if you're running something less than the latest (10.14.4).
HEVC (high efficiency video codec) is H265- it is also less commonly named MPEG-H Part 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31