DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro firmware wont download

I had the same problem last night. I could not get the Go4 app to update the firmware due to "network disconnected" errors. I tried for about 3 hours. Once I got home and on my computer, I tried with the DJI Assistant application and was still getting network errors as it was downloading the update. On about the 6th try, it was able to download the entire update and everything went smooth after that. It looks like their servers were being hit really hard with all the new Mavic 2 customers.

By the time I finished, it was about 1:00 am. There's no way I was going to have the maiden flight at night so I will have to wait to fly it until after work today.

I had a lot of trouble with the DJI GO 4 app at first. My iPad Mini that I use all the time with DJI Go is not compatible, so I tried an old iPhone - not compatible, then I tried a iPhone SE - compatible but it would only show "Disconnected" it would not connect to the controller for some reason. Finally I used my iPhone 8 Plus that is a little too big for the controller but it worked fine. Aircraft took a long while to update the firmware but that always seems to be the case. Just need to order a mavmount I guess.

What can you say about the flight performance of the M2P? I don't have one so lemme ask :)
It's the most stable bird I have flown, from the Phantom 2 Vision to the Phantom 4 Pro. I'm guessing it's because of its weight to size ratio. It's a heavy but compact machine, that has lots of power. Until something else is better, I'm a Mav2Pro flyer.

Reactions: JoBri
Hello, I tried yesterday and again tonight to down the new firmware. Still can't do it on the GO4 app with my Samsung Galaxy 8+. I don't have access to Assistant 2. Any ideas? I'm getting very frustrated and disappointed!!!

Hi Guys, Ive had this same issue, and as far as I can work out it seems to relate to Android phones.

I tried 2 different model and manufacturer Android phones and I got the same network error. I would have tried 20 times ove the past 12 hrs.
I then tried an iphone 8, and it worked without any issues first go.

It's the most stable bird I have flown, from the Phantom 2 Vision to the Phantom 4 Pro. I'm guessing it's because of its weight to size ratio. It's a heavy but compact machine, that has lots of power. Until something else is better, I'm a Mav2Pro flyer.

Nice to hear that from you bobomet :) Thank you for sharing

Reactions: WWK888
I couldn't get my M2P to update through the DJI Go 4 app (network disconnect error) or the DJI Assistant 2.0 app (update always failed during Transmitting step). Chatted with customer service and the following advice finally got it working for me:

1. Open the DJI Assistant 2.0 app
2. Connect your Mavic 2 to the computer and turn it on
3. Once the Assistant app recognizes the drone, turn the drone off and on again *leaving it plugged into the computer*
4. Once the drone restarts and Assistant app recognizes it again, start the update process

I had tried and retried to update, but for whatever reason, specifically following those steps finally did it for me.

Anyone else having this problem with their new Mavic Pro 2? Its requiring a firmware update but keeps saying I'm disconnected from the network. My wifi and internet speeds are excellent and I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the GO4 app.

I had that issue on my iPhone X I hit ok like 4 times and it eventually downloaded, I think the problem was on their end.

I had problems with the firmware updates. I could not update the controller or mavic 2 pro using my Samsung Galaxy 8 . I got the controller to update using dji assistant 2 but the mavic wouldn't complete the update. So I tried updating using my iPhone and that worked. Dji frowns on android users sometimes.

Anyone else having this problem with their new Mavic Pro 2? Its requiring a firmware update but keeps saying I'm disconnected from the network. My wifi and internet speeds are excellent and I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the GO4 app.
I see it's not just me this happened to me with the android version of the firmware. I switched to an IOS device and the firmware loaded with no issue. I'm waiting for the firmware update for the Crystalsky monitor and the retooling of the DJI adaptor.

I tried firmware update on DJI Assist - aircraft updated just fine, but remote control kept failing to upload the update. Switched to GO4 and got the remote updated that way.

Question: I have the fly more kit with the charging hub. It mentions firmware updates for it, too. Anyone attempt that? I plugged it in to DJI Assist and it didn't respond to it...

You have the wrong version of DJI Assistant. You need to download "DJI Assistant for Mavic" to be able to update the controller via PC or Mac.

Reactions: mreloc
I see it's not just me this happened to me with the android version of the firmware. I switched to an IOS device and the firmware loaded with no issue. I'm waiting for the firmware update for the Crystalsky monitor and the retooling of the DJI adaptor.

I have the DJI Crystal Sky adapter and it is woeful. The small Crystalsky is just too big and bulky to be mounted underneath.

I bought the Polar Pro adapters and they work a treat. You can even use them with a neck-strap which is great for the large CrystalSky. They have the same mount form factor as an iPhone, so fit Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and Mavic 2

I had to use the DJI Assistant 2 for both the RC and the aircraft for the "out of the box" firmware updates. If my memory is good I seem to recall having to do this initially with my Mavic Pro as well.

Unfortunately I don't have your IOS device option. But the fact that a new Mavic 2 won't work out of the box with a CrystalSky monitor is my biggest disappointment right now. One of the main reasons I got a CrystalSky was because it had a DJI logo on it. To find out now that DJI supported IOS first is shocking as well as frustrating. Hopefully DJI won't take too long to resolve this because it's almost guaranteed the same interference issues that sent me to a CrystalSky in the first place are going to show up again.

I failed completely on Android go4. Same error "Network disconnected" despite the fact the network was fine.
I tried 2.4, 5ghz wifi and LTE so its not a real network error.

I had to use Assistant 2. To install that i had to disable AV and allow it firewall access or it wouldnt even load.

I have the DJI Crystal Sky adapter and it is woeful. The small Crystalsky is just too big and bulky to be mounted underneath.

I bought the Polar Pro adapters and they work a treat. You can even use them with a neck-strap which is great for the large CrystalSky. They have the same mount form factor as an iPhone, so fit Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and Mavic 2
Dji has an adaptor, that for me was perfect for the Mavic pro and 5.5 Crystalsky, unfortunately the size of the Mavic 2 controller is slightly different and won't fit so I'm waiting for the retool of the adaptor. As far as the Crystalsky 5.5 size it's a fit for me, it's a little wider but not bigger then most smart cell phones.

I too am having firmware update issues. Used the DJI Assistant with a successful completion message. Then when I sign onto GO4 and look up the ABOUT information it states that the RC is at 1.00.0000 but the Aircraft is at 00.06.0000. Whe I select the update button it gives me the network disconnected issue. Tried it on an android phone and an IPAD Mini with the same results. Any ideas please?

You updated the RC and the drone via assistant? *(separately) ?

You might keep trying it. The djigo4 app upgrade the remote for me pretty quick. The DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, took quite a bit to update the firmware on the drone. I am not sure if you can directly attach the remote to the Assistant 2 for Mavic, but it you can you might try that for the controller. The P4 Pro Vr 2.0 allows this for controller updates.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54