DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal fall off? Mavic 2 Pro only w/ Hasselblad camera.

Has your Mavic 2 Pro Hasselblad gimbal fallen off at the pitch motor?

• Not fallen off in over 10 flights

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Not fallen off in over 20 flights

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Not fallen off in over 30 flights

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Fell off in under 10 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fell off in under 20 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Fell off in under 30 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Or...... it could be a simple hoax.

By the way, do you mean to cover your drone with protective stickers? Stickers or "skins" will really help during a crash to keep scratches and abrasions down. It wont really do much to protect components but will keep your drone looking new.
The “chaffing” issue has been confirmed by a number of people now so that at least is not a hoax, there are a couple of videos of it even one in this forum. The stickers I mean are the clear small ones you get for protecting bicycle frames from cable rubbing and such, I have a few hanging around so could apply to the areas that make contact to stop abrasion

Reactions: Former Member
Mine had those marks out of the box. If you look closely, you can see where they come from. It’s hitting the damper mount at the bottom of the assembly. Just touching the corner of the mount.
Mine also had these out of the box. Additional stickers wouldn't have helped me since it wasn't in my hands when they occurred.

I had the same exact marks on each side my 2 Pro gimbal arms. They looked like scratches however I was able to wet the tip of my finger and gently rub each spot for maybe 1 second and they both disappeared. I figured it was from shipping dust or something. After I finally get a chance to fly mine once the incessant rain stops, I’ll see if they reappear.

Reactions: Joola
I've flown mine twice, still attached but there are little marks on either side of the gimbal where it is clearly touching the frame at some point (likely in some spirited sport mode jaunts).
I have the Zoom and I have the same marks, at the bottom that line up with the two pieces of plastic that hold the shock mount. Same for you?

Reactions: Joola
If those marks were caused during flight, we'd have numerous reports of shaky/jerky footage from the gimbal contacting the airframe. It seems pretty obvious now that the marks are caused by the gimbal lock and this is a non-issue.

Thanks to everyone who took a closer look at this.

Some good pics of the issue we are finding with respect to the gimbal rubbing against the housing. I have reached out to DJI customer support for some guidance. Have not even taken to the air yet, only performed updates and noticed the following marks and the root cause of these marks appearing on the gimbal arm. See pics and comment on if you are finding the same issues.IMG_0594.JPGIMG_0594.JPG IMG_0595.JPGIMG_0596.JPGIMG_0597.JPGIMG_0599.JPG

Reactions: MrsTreat
I’m not convinced this happened during shipping. I’ll check mine later to see more of how everything sits with the lock in pl
I think we should stop getting off topic and respect the thread; i.e. get back to discussing the best way to powdercoat my yard railings. Dinner, anyone?
and don’t forget to pet your dog.

Reactions: Former Member
Ok, turned my wife loose with an emory board and did some light filing on these two plastic spacers. It works! Contact when starting up no longer an issue but will keep an eye on it.

IMG_33C8462F6C2F-1.jpeg

Can you please explain what you mean by this? Was the gimbal making contact somewhere in the calibration process upon startup? I didnt see any mention of it in your previous posts, or maybe I missed it.
The gimbal was making contact with the two spacers in the photo on the rear of the gimbal housing during the start up process causing the marks you see on the rear of the gimbal. A little filing with an emory board on the plastic spacers I believe has solved the issue. Will continue to monitor thou.

The gimbal was making contact with the two spacers in the photo on the rear of the gimbal housing during the start up process causing the marks you see on the rear of the gimbal. A little filing with an emory board on the plastic spacers I believe has solved the issue. Will continue to monitor thou.

Thanks for the info. Can I ask a few questions? Did any of these happen before you did the self repair?
  1. Did you get any gimbal motor overload error messages during or after startup?
  2. Did you hear any clunking noises from the gimbal after power up?
  3. Any squeals from the gimbal after power on?
  4. Have you tried a gimbal autocalibration to see if completes to 100%?

This is not an issue created during shipping. There is at least an 1/8 inch gap when lock is in place. And I’m not convinced that it occurs on startup. Also FLScout may have voided his warranty by the SLIGHT modification that was done.

Just got mine all unboxed, it had one small mark on the back of the gimbal motor like the other pics in here. It was fresh out of the box. First thing I did was check because of the posts I saw on here. Otherwise it's in great shape. Updating firmware now and will fly soon!

Reactions: Clear Water WI
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura