DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal fall off? Mavic 2 Pro only w/ Hasselblad camera.

Has your Mavic 2 Pro Hasselblad gimbal fallen off at the pitch motor?

• Not fallen off in over 10 flights

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Not fallen off in over 20 flights

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Not fallen off in over 30 flights

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Fell off in under 10 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fell off in under 20 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Fell off in under 30 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've flown mine twice, still attached but there are little marks on either side of the gimbal where it is clearly touching the frame at some point (likely in some spirited sport mode jaunts).
Mine has the same marks. I hope it wont be an issue. Ive noticed on start up the gimbal arms bump around while its calibrating. Another thing both rear arms rub on body when opening it or trying to close it. Anyone else having the same issue?

Mine has the same marks. I hope it wont be an issue. Ive noticed on start up the gimbal arms bump around while its calibrating. Another thing both rear arms rub on body when opening it or trying to close it. Anyone else having the same issue?
The rear engine arms rub the side of the body on mine as well.

Oh impressive indeed. Imagine when all the kinks are worked out of it. I can then purchase my MP2 without a care in the world. It has to grow into MP1’s propellers sort of speak before I go purchase one. Since you have and MP2, happy flying and wish you luck.

Yes, but while you wait, 99% of them are flying problem free and reaping the benefits of new tech. The bugs will never be worked out completely- even with my MPP there were continuous firmware updates that either made the experience better or worse- it's just an evolution. When you finally feel ready to pull the trigger, the MP3 will be well on its way through the development phase, will be launched, rinse and repeat.

Not knocking your confidence that waiting is the best approach, just pointing out another perspective of missed opportunity in exchange.

Small, but they're there.

aeWeYMdh.jpg

PfWI7uMh.jpg

qcc68XCh.jpg
UNBELIEVABLE, for the money we paid for these you would hope that they would of been a bit better in quality control. gimbals falling off legs hitting side of the aircraft. whats next.

UNBELIEVABLE, for the money we paid for these you would hope that they would of been a bit better in quality control. gimbals falling off legs hitting side of the aircraft. whats next.
Next may be seeing them in the classified section.
“Near new condition,no flaws. 1500.00 shipped”

Just bought the M2P from the official DJI store yesterday - no marks/scuffs or whatsoever on the gimbal - everything looks fine. Updated to the latest version and today I’m gonna flight it. Just a quick question - dose anyone experience a friction with the body when folding the rear legs?

Nevermind - I saw in the thread that’s already mentioned

Yes, but while you wait, 99% of them are flying problem free and reaping the benefits of new tech. The bugs will never be worked out completely- even with my MPP there were continuous firmware updates that either made the experience better or worse- it's just an evolution. When you finally feel ready to pull the trigger, the MP3 will be well on its way through the development phase, will be launched, rinse and repeat.

Not knocking your confidence that waiting is the best approach, just pointing out another perspective of missed opportunity in exchange.
ya you are probably right. besides the new threads for the mav3 rumors will start any time lol

Just following up on a thread about M2P gimbal falling off at its roll motor. Please participate to let others know if this is a real problem, an anomoly, or just hype. If you had a gimbal fall off, please describe how it happened.

Is anybody paying attention, looks like a 12% failure rate too me. That is unacceptable in my book and indicates that DJI Mfging methods are flawed.

Reactions: Former Member
Is anybody paying attention, looks like a 12% failure rate too me. That is unacceptable in my book and indicates that DJI Mfging methods are flawed.
I wouldn’t put too much stock in an anonymous online poll. The results are not statistically significant and can’t be relied on as accurate by any means.

Yes it does look pretty bad at first glance, but the person/people who voted that they had a problem did not reply to the poll despite being asked to in the first paragraph. I would therefore count the 3 negatives as a zero, and mark the drone as having zero failures.

Reactions: MGVision and JDawg
I wouldn’t put too much stock in an anonymous online poll. The results are not statistically significant and can’t be relied on as accurate by any means.

It depends on who is analyzing the data. In this case, I am analyzing it, and can make a pretty good call based on all the responses.

Reactions: ksmusa
Hoax or not, I know one thing, I am so happy I didn’t go rushing to get one of these new shinny MP2. “Patience is a virtue” I once read that in a fortune cookie.../QUOTE]

It long been known that early adopters pay a price by being extended Beta testers for most mfgs. When you add the fact that DJI is a Chinese company the odds of you having issues with first runs of any product goes up dramatically. IMHO

Reactions: Former Member
I think that prior owners of mavics know what to expect from the bird and might not be intimidated if something minor goes wrong. A new drone owner might want to wait for the drone to be out for a while before making the decision to buy a newly designed drone.

I don't know how representative of anything my case is but I've managed to plough in my mavic into the side of a hill yesterday at 56 km/h. I was really luck to find it as it was overgrown with backberry bushes etc. The gimbal has not unglued. It has not fallen off or sustained any damage. Tbh I have tested the drone today and I found thay after IMU calibration everything works perfectly. The only scary is from this crash is a slightly bent front leg. I guess I must have been really lucky but it didn't feel like thay when it happened.

It depends on who is analyzing the data. In this case, I am analyzing it, and can make a pretty good call based on all the responses.

Albert F-ing Einstein could analyze this data and it wouldn't make it any less statistically insignificant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman