DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal fall off? Mavic 2 Pro only w/ Hasselblad camera.

Has your Mavic 2 Pro Hasselblad gimbal fallen off at the pitch motor?

• Not fallen off in over 10 flights

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Not fallen off in over 20 flights

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Not fallen off in over 30 flights

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Fell off in under 10 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fell off in under 20 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Fell off in under 30 flights. Please describe below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
Just following up on a thread about M2P gimbal falling off at its roll motor. Please participate to let others know if this is a real problem, an anomoly, or just hype. If you had a gimbal fall off, please describe how it happened.

***UPDATE*** As of Sept 2. we have had 22 members with no problems, and only 3 votes saying they had problems. There were no replies describing the problems they had, and no member identified his/herself as the victim. Take it for what it's worth, but I might discount those replies as possible disgruntled owners.

October 3, 2018 Update after 42 responses

M2P gimbal fallen off.jpg

Last edited:
Small, but they're there.

aeWeYMdh.jpg

PfWI7uMh.jpg

qcc68XCh.jpg

Reactions: KentA and MrsTreat
Thanks for the pics. Looks like it's your roll motor arm that is getting the damage. Did it get damage on both sides? This was just from flying around in sports mode? Not good.

It's on both sides, have no idea when it occurred (and did not check prior to initial flight. Could just be from bouncing around in shipping. I have to press on the gimbal a bit in order to force it to make contact, so would presume if occurring in flight would need to be during hard braking in sport mode.

Reactions: Former Member
It's on both sides, have no idea when it occurred (and did not check prior to initial flight. Could just be from bouncing around in shipping. I have to press on the gimbal a bit in order to force it to make contact, so would presume if occurring in flight would need to be during hard braking in sport mode.

With the gimbal lock on there, do you think its still possible that it happened in shipping?

Mine had those marks out of the box. If you look closely, you can see where they come from. It’s hitting the damper mount at the bottom of the assembly. Just touching the corner of the mount.

And some people are just idiots. His vids are off my list after I saw how much of a fool he is. More time on his hands and not near enough gray matter between his ears.

Yeah a few people would think it’s water proof.. he should have dropped it from 20 meters up and see it it was still flying.. I wonder if he own that drone?

may be worth investing in some clear protection stickers before mine arrives, not good that this kind of thing isnt identified during the thousands of hours of flight testing DJI must have carried out?!?

Or...... it could be a simple hoax.

By the way, do you mean to cover your drone with protective stickers? Stickers or "skins" will really help during a crash to keep scratches and abrasions down. It wont really do much to protect components but will keep your drone looking new.

I think we are still talking about the marks on the gimbal? Marks on mine are not on the top, they are on the outer edge just below the top.
Maybe I’m confused.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent