DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Shake

Nooker77

Reactions
So I just got my new Mavic 2 Pro and I took it out for its maiden flight today and it was doing well until I turned to fly back and take a video with the camera pointed straight down. A few seconds into this leg, the gimbal started shaking the camera back and forth (about the 12 sec. mark of video). Is this normal behaviour in wind (it otherwise seemed to be handling the wind fine)? Did I get a bad gimbal? I'm trying to decide if I should return or send to DJI for repair or just accept that in certain conditions this happens. I don't ever remember anything this bad with my Mavic 1. Thanks for everyone's help

On your outbound leg, it was normal? That gimbal shake is not normal in any condition. Your clip shows the gimbal at 90° down angle. Does it do it when looking at the horizon? Regardless, not normal gimbal behavior.

On your outbound leg, it was normal? That gimbal shake is not normal in any condition. Your clip shows the gimbal at 90° down angle. Does it do it when looking at the horizon? Regardless, not normal gimbal behavior.

No other issues on the flight. This was the only stretch where I flew with the camera 90 degrees down. Rest of flight had camera at various angles but closer to looking at the horizon than looking straight down.

So I just got my new Mavic 2 Pro and I took it out for its maiden flight today and it was doing well until I turned to fly back and take a video with the camera pointed straight down. A few seconds into this leg, the gimbal started shaking the camera back and forth (about the 12 sec. mark of video). Is this normal behaviour in wind (it otherwise seemed to be handling the wind fine)? Did I get a bad gimbal? I'm trying to decide if I should return or send to DJI for repair or just accept that in certain conditions this happens. I don't ever remember anything this bad with my Mavic 1. Thanks for everyone's help

That's Super Wierd -
Its NOT Normal -

Seems like a loose gimbal wire - Id Be unhappy about that -
Never seen that in 1000 flights

UAV forecast from before I took off said that winds were 18mph at 350ft with gusts of 25mph. I checked the inflight wind conditions on Airdata and it basically matched this. The wind data showed wind of about 16-18mph at the time the gimbal started shaking. Interestingly, the wind was mostly at the drone's back when it started shaking. I did get a gimbal overload error towards the end of the flight. Not during the worst of the shaking, but shortly thereafter.

How high were the winds?

UAV forecast from before I took off said that winds were 18mph at 350ft with gusts of 25mph. I checked the inflight wind conditions on Airdata and it basically matched this. The wind data showed wind of about 16-18mph at the time the gimbal started shaking. Interestingly, the wind was mostly at the drone's back when it started shaking. I did get a gimbal overload error towards the end of the flight. Not during the worst of the shaking, but shortly thereafter.

Still don't think its the wind ….

Iv never seen that before - PLUS your drone does a 120deg Spin in yr video - with the gimbal shaking throughout - so in the two Planes - theres this shake-

I say Loose Wire - or Cable connection on the Gimbal -
alternatively - in the overextended Downward Position the Gimbal Cable was Stretched too tight and then activated some Sort of reset (which it could not complete - hence Overload) !

I would Test this again - … After Physically Massaging yr Gimbal throughtout its entire field of rotation - … then ….
>> doing a Gimbal recalibration - on Go 4
Then Test the Minus 90deg downward Pitch again in flight.

… if still faulty - … Return for exchange

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52