DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro in Northern VA

Atreides

Timet Nosce
Reactions
New Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller owner and previous RC helicopter (several E-Flite / Blade units) pilot. Tired of hours repairing my helicopters. Boy can they be temperamental, so finally made the switch to get in on all the latest in tech innovation. Waiting on following accessories to arrive:
  • Marco Polo
  • PolarPro Folding Landing Gear
  • DJI Fly More Kit, Propeller Guards and Filter Set
  • FlatHat 32" Landing Pad
  • PgyTech Propeller Holder
For recreational use, but I will get Part 107 RPC with any reasonably waivers (29,31,39) I can obtain for future flexibility. With some preliminary research, seems Daylight no problem. Would like VLOS, but still researching if this drone would meet criteria. Others I would aim for are above 400 alt and Operation over People (but I see only 1 FAA approved option for parachutes, quite expensive too). Wish list includes a grapple (unsure capacities and operating impact), DJI racing goggle (heard mixed reviews) and good sky camo to minimize getting shot out of sky as target practice ?.

Cheers

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome from a fellow pilot in Northern Virginia. We are lucky that we have so many beautiful areas to fly within a short drive of our homes. Enjoy your new drone (and I also have a variety of Trex helicopters, Blades, Nitro cars, Electric cars and a few airplanes to throw in the mix).

Welcome to the forum. You will find valuable support and feedback here. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your part of the world

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying your Mavic 2 Pro or any DJI quad is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. Sound like you are pretty well equipped. You might add a variable ND filter, though.

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Virginia. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome from a fellow pilot in Northern Virginia. We are lucky that we have so many beautiful areas to fly within a short drive of our homes. Enjoy your new drone (and I also have a variety of Trex helicopters, Blades, Nitro cars, Electric cars and a few airplanes to throw in the mix).

Leesburg Thumbswayup W4RJE out of Winchester here ?. Fortunately, there's an abundance of acres to fly in yard and no restricted space in my fly radius. Only worry about getting plucked out of sky if I go sight seeing. Feel bad for folks further east - it's like one massive NFZ in the beltway.

Just added an Aerial Pixel Marco Polo mount to my list of incomming. Since I found the recommendation here, along with a bunch of other good intel, I grabbed myself some bonus booty with a Premium Pilot subscription :cool: .

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots