DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro infrared error and dawnward Vision Sensor

Menz991

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have a Mavic 2 Pro with several errors.
IMG_7915.JPGIMG_7916.JPG

I have already installed a new dawnward infrared system. but the bug is still there. can i calibrate it with the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic or do you have to have special software, which only DJI can do !?

Best regard from germany

You have quite a lot of sensor errors :

• Front left optical sensor error (4004024)
  • Hardware malfunction. Contact DJI Support to arrange repairs.
  • Infrared sensors error Hardware malfunction. Contact DJI Support to arrange repairs.
  • Calibration error: downward infrared sensor (4004024)
  • Calibration error: upward infrared sensor (4004024)
  • Error code (code: 200). Start failed. Verify that the aircraft is connected via USB…. restart the aircraft if there is no connection. Restart the aircraft. If the problem persists, contact DJI support.

My understanding is that only the 3D camera sensors at the front / back / bottom can be calibrated with DJI Assistant. The IR sensor at the top / bottom does not require any calibration. I suspect that it's not due to problems of the sensors but the connections or the sensor data processing unit.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers.

I received the Mavic 2 Pro from someone with the errors that the Mavic 2 Pro has a water landing.

I suspect the core board is broken.

it could have been that something can still be saved there.

Thank you for your answers.

I received the Mavic 2 Pro from someone with the errors that the Mavic 2 Pro has a water landing.

I suspect the core board is broken.

it could have been that something can still be saved there.

I’m sorry to say that is not good news. Water can and very likely will have caused damage to many of the internal parts. It is perhaps the worst thing that can happen to a drone short of being in many pieces.

The cost of replacement parts could ultimately cost more than a new aircraft.

The best option would be to send the aircraft to an authorised DJI repair agent for a repair quote and then see if it is worth the cost to repair.

Thanks for the answer.

the coreboard will be defective from the water damage.

If the coreboard was intact, can you simply install a new sensor or does it have to be written onto the coreboard with software?

Thanks for the answer.

the coreboard will be defective from the water damage.

If the coreboard was intact, can you simply install a new sensor or does it have to be written onto the coreboard with software?

Not just the core board, the IMU, ESC’s, wires, ribbon cables and connectors can be affected, not just short term, it can take a while for corrosion to take effect. Then there is the camera, which is not waterproof or the gimbal motors. The battery that was in the water should not be used again. Basically any electronic component and any associated PCBs can be affected but can also take time to fail, which could be anytime the aircraft is in flight.

If the aircraft ditched in sea water then I wouldn’t even bother trying to get it fixed.

Thanks for the answer.
I've already repaired a couple of water-damaged Mavic's, but thanks.

let's leave the broken core board out. my question was if I have a coreboard what works! (not on the Mavic from message! )
can you simply install new dawnward sensors or must write it on Coreboard??

Thanks for the answer.
I've already repaired a couple of water-damaged Mavic's, but thanks.

let's leave the broken core board out. my question was if I have a coreboard what works! (not on the Mavic from message! )
can you simply install new dawnward sensors or must write it on Coreboard??
The IR sensor seems to be the kind made by Sharp. It's very popular for Arduino projects :

The sensor does not have any digital interface but just an analog output voltage indicating the distance from the object. I therefore believe there is no need to "write it on the coreborad"

thanks for the very professional answer!

My question has been answered in full!

Best regards from germany!

You have quite a lot of sensor errors :

• Front left optical sensor error (4004024)
  • Hardware malfunction. Contact DJI Support to arrange repairs.
  • Infrared sensors error Hardware malfunction. Contact DJI Support to arrange repairs.
  • Calibration error: downward infrared sensor (4004024)
  • Calibration error: upward infrared sensor (4004024)
  • Error code (code: 200). Start failed. Verify that the aircraft is connected via USB…. restart the aircraft if there is no connection. Restart the aircraft. If the problem persists, contact DJI support.

My understanding is that only the 3D camera sensors at the front / back / bottom can be calibrated with DJI Assistant. The IR sensor at the top / bottom does not require any calibration. I suspect that it's not due to problems of the sensors but the connections or the sensor data processing unit.
Hi Bob, just wondering if this problem "infrared sensor error, hardware malfunction. Contact DJI support to arrange repairs" . i have this pop up error message, i have replace the upward and downward. do you experience with this? what is the root cause? is it the main board. thank you

thanks for the very professional answer!

My question has been answered in full!

Best regards from germany!
Hi @Menz991 , may i know the final repair is done? is it main board change and can clear up infrared sensor error message? , as i have same issue and try to replace but it still same. wondering for the conclusion, thank you

Hi @Menz991 , may i know the final repair is done? is it main board change and can clear up infrared sensor error message? , as i have same issue and try to replace but it still same. wondering for the conclusion, thank you
The mistakes come from the core board! has water damage! :-(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial