DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro motors shut down mid-flight

The new drone arrived yesterday afternoon. I received what looked and acted like a completely new drone. I assumed DJI was going to repair or replace damaged parts that I sent them after seeing the images and receiving the quote related to the repair ticket. They sent me a drone, a brand new battery, and four new props. I had included a photo of the damaged battery that was in the drone at the time of the mishap, and had also sent the single prop that was damaged in the fall when I had returned my drone for repair.

It took forever to go through the process of readying the new drone for flight. After powering up the drone it had to be activated with DJI, then had to have firmware updated. I then calibrated the IMU, compass, and vision system. Finally, I logged in to the FAA Drone Zone site and deactivated my damaged drone and registered the replacement.

<snip>
Finally, I logged in to the FAA Drone Zone site and deactivated my damaged drone and registered the replacement.

I thought recreational flyers need only to register themselves as a "modeler" and not each individual drone they fly?
UAS Flown by Recreational Fliers and Modeler Community-Based Organizations (Formerly Section 336)
If you are flying for hobby or recreation only, you must:
  1. Register as a "modeler"
  2. Label your model aircraft with your registration number
In order to register, you must be:
  • 13 years of age or older (if the owner is less than 13 years of age, a person 13 years of age or older must register the model aircraft)
  • A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident*
In order to register, you'll need:
  • Email address
  • Credit or debit card
  • Physical address and mailing address (if different from physical address)
Register online (must weigh less than 55 pounds).

Last edited:
I thought recreational flyers need only to register themselves as a "modeler" and not each individual drone they fly?
UAS Flown by Recreational Fliers and Modeler Community-Based Organizations (Formerly Section 336)
If you are flying for hobby or recreation only, you must:
  1. Register as a "modeler"
  2. Label your model aircraft with your registration number
In order to register, you must be:
  • 13 years of age or older (if the owner is less than 13 years of age, a person 13 years of age or older must register the model aircraft)
  • A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident*
In order to register, you'll need:
  • Email address
  • Credit or debit card
  • Physical address and mailing address (if different from physical address)
Register online (must weigh less than 55 pounds).
I am a 107 Certificate holder, that's why I had to register my new drone and deactivate the one that was damaged in the crash. As a hobbyist only a single registration is required but for 107 holders each and every drone must be registered individually.

Ah, that would explain it.

Maybe an eagle struck it

See, I don't believe it was a battery issue. The presence of this:

...is a common denominator in threads where people had their drone disconnect and become lost. I don't believe people suddenly have problems installing batteries. It's not THAT hard. This may be a whole different issue.
I’ve been saying this but it’s funny that all the “pro’s” attack my theory under operator error. I doubt everyone doesn’t calibrate their aircraft or forgot how to put in their batteries all of a sudden. My opinion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS