DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro postproduction

I've got a LOT of footage from recent trip to California to put together, I will put together my normal drone uncut footage video when I get a chance, just trying to find time to finish all the Vlogs from it first, some nice footage from the San Fransico bay area from just outside the NFZ by the port and bridges too.

EDIT : Just looked, over 200gb of footage on the SSD..... might take some editing :)

Oh and my latest vlogs are shot in 6-fps even on the 'ground' camera's so I don't have to mix 25/60 footage any more, let me know if it looks better / worse / un-natural or not

Last edited:
I've got a LOT of footage from recent trip to California to put together, I will put together my normal drone uncut footage video when I get a chance, just trying to find time to finish all the Vlogs from it first, some nice footage from the San Fransico bay area from just outside the NFZ by the port and bridges too.

EDIT : Just looked, over 200gb of footage on the SSD..... might take some editing :)

Oh and my latest vlogs are shot in 6-fps even on the 'ground' camera's so I don't have to mix 25/60 footage any more, let me know if it looks better / worse / un-natural or not

I thought an entire Yosemite was an nfz - is there an access to fly in there?

the first video is at 59.97/60fps as was shot etc, nothing special besides standard lens correction and grading, the other one is a 25fps video as it mixes video from other camera's that were not native 60 etc.
60 fps native, I see.
While 24 fps is good for cinema, I am of the notion that shooting in 24 fps is too slow to capture smooth drone footage.
I've done limited 60 fps shooting, going to do more. For fast moving shots, it seems to be smoother than 30 fps.
However, I often crop/pan/zoom, so 4k 30 is usually my preferred method, over 2.7k 60 fps.
But the realization that 4k isn't really 4k (line-skipping/pixel binning - whatever) has me open to 2.7k in more scenarios.
I can still see a difference in 4k vs 2.7k in post production zooms though.

Thanks!

I've got a LOT of footage from recent trip to California to put together
Some really great shots in that video!
Notes:
+1:40 - Color change after zoom-blur transition.
My work-flow (and appears yours as well) is color-correct last.
Can make it easy to miss split-clip sections like this.
Davinci Resolve makes it easy to copy grades across clips with 1 click.
+3:47-4:00 - the fast motion degrades from otherwise nice shots, imo.
+4:00 - nice color
+4:04 - beautiful waterfall shot
+4:08 - the slow-motion river shot is absolutely superb!
*Details on this shot/post would be great to hear*
+The waterfall shot right after shows the difficulty in 2.7k zooms. Needs some sharpening etc.
+The shot right after, non-zoomed, is fantastic.

Thanks for posting the vid!

Reactions: charlas
I thought an entire Yosemite was an nfz - is there an access to fly in there?

That wasn't shot inside yosemite, rather it's outside it after the exit heading out the far side (towards mono). The area I flew wasn't marked as NFZ, in fact was a little pocket with no warnings.

The whole of yosemite is a nfz, hence why no drone footage from inside, else would have some lovely stuff from the 'hotspots'

Last edited:
Some really great shots in that video!
Notes:
+1:40 - Color change after zoom-blur transition.
My work-flow (and appears yours as well) is color-correct last.
Can make it easy to miss split-clip sections like this.
Davinci Resolve makes it easy to copy grades across clips with 1 click.
+3:47-4:00 - the fast motion degrades from otherwise nice shots, imo.
+4:00 - nice color
+4:04 - beautiful waterfall shot
+4:08 - the slow-motion river shot is absolutely superb!
*Details on this shot/post would be great to hear*
+The waterfall shot right after shows the difficulty in 2.7k zooms. Needs some sharpening etc.
+The shot right after, non-zoomed, is fantastic.

Thanks for posting the vid!

Thanks, yeah some bits and bobs I missed in the edit, problem was some was edited whilst still in USA on the road, some when got back, and I should have gone back and made sure over some of it, but hey. The vlogs are more for me and family / friends, but your right,

As for footage, I shoot some stuff 4k/30 but mostly for travel and likes now post prod is just easier at 2.7k/60 especially if fast panning or movement.thanks though for the critique, I'll make a note and see if I can do better in the next one [emoji6]

There's the airmap from where I flew btw... Lovely area, warni g though, the toilets are to be avoided at the rest stop we stopped at when I went flying [emoji23]Screenshot_20190811-202201_AirMap.jpeg
Great Sierra Wagon Rd
Great Sierra Wagon Rd, Lee Vining, CA 93541

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15