DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro randomly produces 8000 x 6000 jpg images

Yes ... missed that. My M2P can do a "horiz pano" taking 9 ( 3x3 ) overlapping pictures and automatically stitching them into a 8000 x 5394 jpg photo. It is kind of hard to imagine what has triggered the OP's M2P to take a super-resolution pano that is supposed to be available for the M2Z only.
I think what I have missed is that the M2P auto-stitches the jpgs (taken along side the .dngs) and puts them into the “100 media” folder without being asked. With my MP and MM2, stitching was by request, within the app, rather then automatic.

This is what has fooled me, I think ?. Doh ?!

It would have to be 4 images (2x2) to get the 8000 x 6000 width and height since the native resolution is 5472×3648.
I think what I have missed is that the M2P auto-stitches the jpgs (taken along side the .dngs) and puts them into the “100 media” folder without being asked. With my MP and MM2, stitching was by request, within the app, rather then automatic.

So which pano mode have you chosen ? your drone is an M2P, there should not be the option of "super-resolution pano" on the GO app. May be your GO app is of older versions ?

Reactions: CJG
So which pano mode have you chosen ? your drone is an M2P, there should not be the option of "super-resolution pano" on the GO app. May be your GO app is of older versions ?
So far as I can tell at the moment boblui, it is the Horizontal Pano: 3 x 3 images, from memory

Reactions: boblui
Whilst I am talking to such helpful folks, does anyone know what what the large, dashed, yellow rectangle is, that sometimes appears in my MM2 display. I can't make it appear at will. And it is not the small exposure meter rectangle that appears if you tap the screen.

I thought I saw a similar dotted rectangle (but green) the other day on my M2P display.

I have googled all this and found nothing....

So far as I can tell at the moment boblui, it is the Horizontal Pano: 3 x 3 images, from memory
You wouldn't need 3x3 5472×3648 images to create a 8000 x 6000 panorama unless it's using huge overlaps.
Time to do a little testing, no need to fly.
Just take the drone outdoors, switch it on and shoot a panorama or two and see what comes out.

You wouldn't need 3x3 5472×3648 images to create a 8000 x 6000 panorama unless it's using huge overlaps.
That's just how DJI's stitching works. As mentioned in my post #19 earlier , it has already been verified on my M2P.

Time to do a little testing, no need to fly.
Just take the drone outdoors, switch it on and shoot a panorama or two and see what comes out.
Good advice, thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e