DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro RID with stock controller

Treve

Reactions
I'm trying to get up to speed with RID on my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm using the original stock controller. It seems that there is no way to update the firmware on this controller. All the update instructions refer to a Smart Controller and I see reports of people with the Smart Controller are successful in implementing RID. For the time I've bought a Potensic RID-916 which is working fine, but I'm looking at purchasing a Smart Controller on eBay which may be a better option in the long run. Any advice?

I'm trying to get up to speed with RID on my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm using the original stock controller. It seems that there is no way to update the firmware on this controller. All the update instructions refer to a Smart Controller and I see reports of people with the Smart Controller are successful in implementing RID. For the time I've bought a Potensic RID-916 which is working fine, but I'm looking at purchasing a Smart Controller on eBay which may be a better option in the long run. Any advice?
You don't need a smart controller. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom with the standard controller. RID is controlled through both the aircraft firmware (make sure you have the latest. it's the one that contains the RID software) and using the latest Go4 app version.

You can update the firmware on the RC1A and RC1B controllers on your computer by using DJI Assistant 2. Load Assistant 2 then plug a microUSB-USB data cable between the controller port on the left sidewall of the unit and a free USB port in your PC, and Bob's your uncle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Pitman
Hi Dave - Thanks for the info. I'm still not having any luck updating my RC1B controller. DJI Assistant 2 doesn't recognize the controller.

Hi Dave - Thanks for the info. I'm still not having any luck updating my RC1B controller. DJI Assistant 2 doesn't recognize the controller.
There are different versions of Assistant 2 for different drones, you want to be sure you’ve downloaded the correct version. Start from your drone’s product page at dji.com.

Thanks. I went to the DJI website and checked to see if I'm using the correct Assistant 2 program. I'm using version 1.2.5 which seems to be the current version. I had no problem updating the aircraft, but no luck updating the RC1B controller. In the meantime, I'm using the Potensic RID-916 module which covers my needs to broadcast an RID.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson