DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID Question

Mudbone

Reactions
I just updated my Mavic 2 Pro firmware (12/1/2023) to 01.00.0797 and my DJI Go app to v4.3.60. I now see an RID serial number listed among the other serial numbers associated with my aircraft on my smart controller. That was not there before, so is it safe to conclude I am now RID compliant? It would appear so, but I'm reaching out to those more experienced than me. Am I now broadcasting my info to those who need to see me flying? Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance for your time and patience...

I just updated my Mavic 2 Pro firmware (12/1/2023) to 01.00.0797 and my DJI Go app to v4.3.60. I now see an RID serial number listed among the other serial numbers associated with my aircraft on my smart controller. That was not there before, so is it safe to conclude I am now RID compliant? It would appear so, but I'm reaching out to those more experienced than me. Am I now broadcasting my info to those who need to see me flying? Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance for your time and patience...
It is safe to assume you are broadcasting and you have done your part; all that remains is for DJI to gain FAA compliance.

Reactions: Cafguy
Don't you also have to update your FAA Registration with your RID Number?

My perspective is that I did what I could. I updated the Mavic Pro 2 and registered it with the FAA including RID ID. I can't fix the FAA so the ball is in their court to get up to date.

Nobody's mentioned apps like OpenDroneID, AirSentinel, or DroneScanner in this thread yet, so I am.

If you're wanting more assurance you're transmitting RID than a message on your controller, they work for me. My Mavic 2s since update, Air 2S, and a Holy Stone RID unit all show up fine in these three apps on an Android.

These apps do not tie into the Drone Zone registry and only show the RID and location in the app.

My Pixel 6 was not compatible with the Holy Stone RID for configuration, which was easy enough to find on-line, but a Samsung Galaxy was...

Nobody's mentioned apps like OpenDroneID, AirSentinel, or DroneScanner in this thread yet,

My Pixel 6 was not compatible with the Holy Stone RID for configuration, which was easy enough to find on-line, but a Samsung Galaxy was...

Same, A2 RID updated and Holy Stone RID on my Phantoms. Galaxy A53 with Drone Scanner app works fine for both. Didn't wait for updated FAA list (A2 still not listed), DJI listed the models and RID release dates. P4P v1 not included so Holy Stone for my 3 P4Ps, luckily same RID info good for all 3.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I should’ve posted here. why is the triangle red? And can’t see this when flying?

Attachments

• IMG_0640.png
    IMG_0640.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Wow
I would ask why are all the colors weird, did you set your video to some strange setting of reverse or negitive setting?

I was inside with very low light. It still does not answer my question about the red triangle. Thanks.

It still does not answer my question about the red triangle
It seems to be indicating a warning -- unrelated to Remote ID since that's functioning normally. If you're able to reproduce that, please post a screenshot of the screen behind the Overall Status display.

It seems to be indicating a warning -- unrelated to Remote ID since that's functioning normally. If you're able to reproduce that, please post a screenshot of the screen behind the Overall Status display.
You only see the red triangle before you takeoff and then it disappears if you check overall status. If you don’t, you never see the red triangle. You would think it would be green. I have a module that I use on my spark that drone scanner can pick up the aircraft but not the RID number. The red triangle may be the fact that DJI does not have the serial numbers entered with the FAA just a thought. once the FAA has our serial numbers that may turn to green.

Attachments

• IMG_0645.png
    IMG_0645.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0642.png
    IMG_0642.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0643.png
    IMG_0643.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited: