DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Video problem

axident

Reactions
Hi, I have flown the new drone with CS and RC Ok but video files downloaded from the external SD card can not open in Lr classic or Adobe premiere pro, VLC etc as it says missing video and audio streams. I tried it with both controllers and wit 4k and other formats. I am at a loss and would appreciate advice. What am I doing wrong???? Thanks in advance from south Australia

All I can think of is to reset the camera via DJIgo4. If VLC can't open the files, that's not good as it tends to be able to open anything. However should not be an audio stream, at least I have never used one, kinda of pointless with a drone. Do the videos have any size to them. 4K, should create large file sizes. Also MP4 or MOV file extension, and what encoder are you using, under video setup in DJIGO4.

Paul C

Thanks for your comments. I will try a few more options as soon as i can. I dont need the audio stream but that is part of the error message. Yes the files are large 2 to 3.7Gb that also may contribute to the problem. I did a direct copy from my SD card tjhrough a card reader to my PC. I was then able to open the file in VLC albeit the video grayed out an paused many times. I tried a convert with VLC to an mp4 of 618mb and it played with VLC reasonably well. Work in progress.

What CPU/GPU are you using, what codec or video settings was you using, what OS?

I believe this problem is caused by shooting with the D-log-M color profile encoding with H265. Adobe LR won't open the file, as you reported, but my video software, PowerDirector 17, handles the files properly. But, if I shoot video using the Normal color profile (8 bit color, H264 encoding), the .mp4 file is readable in Adobe LR.

Reactions: keio and Zyze
I believe this problem is caused by shooting with the D-log-M color profile encoding with H265. Adobe LR won't open the file, as you reported, but my video software, PowerDirector 17, handles the files properly. But, if I shoot video using the Normal color profile (8 bit color, H264 encoding), the .mp4 file is readable in Adobe LR.

True for LR but he said it wouldn't open in Premiere or VLC and both of those will handle the HEVC fine, at least as long as they are relatively up to date.

I'd be willing to bet its a substandard MicroSD card. Cheap cards or the U1 instead of the U3 cards tend not to handle 4k well. If I put a U1 card in my Blackvue 4K dashcam the resulting files look intact however they will not open in anything. Put in a faster card and it works fine.

I haven't tried one of the U1 cards in my M2P but using a known good card I don't have any issues with any of the resulting video formats in Premiere or VLC, as you mentioned though LR is picky.

I am looking at your suggestions methodically and eliminating issues as I go. I am now able to play 4K in MP4 format& (2688x1512 @ 24fps coding H.265 in MOV format) on VLC with lags and greyouts for a few seconds. This applies to very large files and videos of a few minutes.

Neither types will import or open in Lightroom Classic cc 2019 as it states "the video file appears to be corrupted or unrecognizable. It has now audio or video streams". Applies to or Premiere Pro and Photoshop cc also.

I reset the M2P camera settings to default before setting up for the 2688x1512 video.

To eliminate my card reader I downloaded by cable from M2P to PC from the inserted card (not the M2P board card) this did not make any difference.
I think that there are 4 options to check;
1) Try playing the MP4 and Mov files in a faster computer. I am 30km from the nearest today. If they play OK without jerkiness or greyout then it may be my PC is too slow to cope.
2) Try another SD card with a new video shoot.
3) The M2P is possibly faulty.

I appreciate your advice.

Attachments

• LR Classic Error when importing a 4K video  2019-09-09.png
    LR Classic Error when importing a 4K video 2019-09-09.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Toshiba X-70 Display summary 2019-09-09.JPG
    Toshiba X-70 Display summary 2019-09-09.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Toshiba X-70 system summary 2019-09-09.JPG
    Toshiba X-70 system summary 2019-09-09.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Sandisk 128Gb Extreme Micro SD Card Purchased 2019-July-26_1.jpg
    Sandisk 128Gb Extreme Micro SD Card Purchased 2019-July-26_1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 14
Looking at your hardware specs and memory card I think you can eliminate a hardware problem

Is this installed on your system?

Your video card is not strong enough to process H265 video. Have a look at the NVIDIA Video Codex report here: Nvidia Video Codex

Kepler cards will play H264 at 20MB/s with 1920x1080 resolution at around 161fps. If we extrapolate a 4k image is 4 x Full HD that means around 40fps with a 20MB encoded H.264 stream. H.265 is much more processor heavy which is why you are getting the stuttering playback.

You can import the videos into DaVinci Resolve and use the render cache to play them.

Reactions: EasyV
Your video card is not strong enough to process H265 video. Have a look at the NVIDIA Video Codex report here: Nvidia Video Codex

Kepler cards will play H264 at 20MB/s with 1920x1080 resolution at around 161fps. If we extrapolate a 4k image is 4 x Full HD that means around 40fps with a 20MB encoded H.264 stream. H.265 is much more processor heavy which is why you are getting the stuttering playback.

You can import the videos into DaVinci Resolve and use the render cache to play them.
thanks i will reinstall DaVinci and try. I contacted DJI yesterday and they just said send the video and they will test it.

I will reinstall davinci and test - I contacted DJI and they said "send a copy of a video for assessment".

thanks i will reinstall DaVinci and try. I contacted DJI yesterday and they just said send the video and they will test it.
Also videos at the lowest resolution are also a problem from this drone in LR classic cc

For the video my Lightroom can't import it either as it doesn't recognise the format, latest versions might be OK.
I prefer lightroom to work with any stills so while it's importing those I open the Mavic card and import to the new folder manually.
You can't do much with video in lightroom anyway.
My version of Premiere can edit them OK, that's a different matter, I guess it's the H.265 causing problems.
As a workaround just use H.264 the video is still pretty good.

Hi, tomorrow I will check to see if CharliR's solution will work and thanks to 4WD's comment. I can direct download to pc but there is still a lag/LR & PP issue. It is puzzling as I can shoot 4K on my mavic air and there is no issue with LR or Prem Pro. I will keep you in the loop as I go forward on this. I will try the H264 format again. Thanks guys again for taking the time to help out.

MPC-HC Player will play more than VLC
If you want to share your videos
You will need to fix the format as
VLC will play [MOST] any video format
HTH

Thanks to all, I sent an email to DJI support today without videos as there is 25Mb limit. This is the body of the message;
"I have a Mavic 2 Pro and when I make any quality video with the drone, the video will not import into Adobe Lightroom classic cc 2019, Photoshop cc 2019 or Premiere Pro. All these programs state
"The video file appears to be corrupted or unrecognizable. It has no audio or video streams."
I have Canon MkD 1V , Panasonic Lumix digital cameras and a Mavic Air, and all will record and import and edit any of the video formats and sizes that are on the M2Pro. I rang DJI support on the 9/9/19 and they said send some of the video files for assessment.. I have tried 3 high quality 128Gb Sandisk extreme micro SD cards and 32Gb and 64Gb extreme pro and all videos report the same problem. I cant upload videos here as the smallest is 82Mb. I am using a fast computer and have no problems editing up to full 4K HQ in the past. I have checked with the DJI forums but have no solution. Please advise how to proceed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser