DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro vs Mavic 3 vs Evo II pro

midwestsherpa

Reactions
Hi folks,
First, my thanks for any thoughts you have on the subject in the heading. I have grown to really value this forums thoughts on a myriad of topics. I wish I could add more value and in time hopefully it will come. I currently fly a Mavic 2 pro and am looking at upgrading to either the Mavic 3 but the Evo also caught my eye. Grateful for the groups thoughts/experiences on these options. Understand my intended use would come into play.. I fly purely for the enjoyment of the video and photography. I hope to one day weave it into my wife's photography business (wedding, seniors, family etc) and hope to capture print worthy shots for my own edification to hang on the wall and possibly sell... these uses are all directional.. as with many of you, I have a full time gig and I do this as a hobby on the side.. Most of the photography and video I do is landscape based... price aside; wondering the forums view on best drone for these purposes considering it as an upgrade to my current Mavic.

Hi folks,
First, my thanks for any thoughts you have on the subject in the heading. I have grown to really value this forums thoughts on a myriad of topics. I wish I could add more value and in time hopefully it will come. I currently fly a Mavic 2 pro and am looking at upgrading to either the Mavic 3 but the Evo also caught my eye. Grateful for the groups thoughts/experiences on these options. Understand my intended use would come into play.. I fly purely for the enjoyment of the video and photography. I hope to one day weave it into my wife's photography business (wedding, seniors, family etc) and hope to capture print worthy shots for my own edification to hang on the wall and possibly sell... these uses are all directional.. as with many of you, I have a full time gig and I do this as a hobby on the side.. Most of the photography and video I do is landscape based... price aside; wondering the forums view on best drone for these purposes considering it as an upgrade to my current Mavic.
Both the Mavic 3 and the Evo 2 Pro are excellent drones. I fly the Mavic 3 most of the time because I do lots of video and make use of both the Main lens and the Tele lens on the same flight.

For Photography the answer isn't as clear. Even though the EVO 2 Pro has a smaller sensor, it has superior optics and extracts a bit more detail out of a scene that is visible when zoomed way in on a photo. You may not be able to tell much of a difference when viewing at full size.

I prefer the out of camera color science from DJI to what comes out of the EVO 2. The EVO 2 Pro outputs too much magenta giving extra purple to shadows and purple mountains majesty. It sometimes causes some washing out in the images which can be corrected using dehaze in your editor. It does add a subtle pink to the evening clouds which can be pleasing. The Mavic 3 like the other DJI models oversaturate greens a little bit.

RAW is about equal from both drones, while LOG footage seems to be more malleable from the EVO 2 Pro. The Mavic 3 LOG footage doesn't seem to like to be pushed as hard and resists heavy color correction.... for me at least.

Automated panoramas are useless on the EVO 2.... it processes them in flight, taking up to 4 minutes, while displaying a black screen on your phone, which wastes battery and is dangerous. On top of it, the panoramas are never stitched correctly. The Mavic 3 does a fast and pretty good job, most of the time.

Both the Mavic 3 and the Evo 2 Pro are excellent drones. I fly the Mavic 3 most of the time because I do lots of video and make use of both the Main lens and the Tele lens on the same flight.

For Photography the answer isn't as clear. Even though the EVO 2 Pro has a smaller sensor, it has superior optics and extracts a bit more detail out of a scene that is visible when zoomed way in on a photo. You may not be able to tell much of a difference when viewing at full size.

I prefer the out of camera color science from DJI to what comes out of the EVO 2. The EVO 2 Pro outputs too much magenta giving extra purple to shadows and purple mountains majesty. It sometimes causes some washing out in the images which can be corrected using dehaze in your editor. It does add a subtle pink to the evening clouds which can be pleasing. The Mavic 3 like the other DJI models oversaturate greens a little bit.

RAW is about equal from both drones, while LOG footage seems to be more malleable from the EVO 2 Pro. The Mavic 3 LOG footage doesn't seem to like to be pushed as hard and resists heavy color correction.... for me at least.

Automated panoramas are useless on the EVO 2.... it processes them in flight, taking up to 4 minutes, while displaying a black screen on your phone, which wastes battery and is dangerous. On top of it, the panoramas are never stitched correctly. The Mavic 3 does a fast and pretty good job, most of the time.
thank you very much for the comments; very helpful.

Reactions: Saladshooter
We sell both Autel and DJI. I was a long-time Mavic 2 Pro user for my personal drone and have quite a bit of flight time on the EVO 2, Mavic 3, Mini 2, Autel Nano and Lite. For someone who is used to the Mavic 2 and flys for purley the enjoyment of photography/videography, I recommend the Mavic 3. It's hardware and software are refined and just feels good to use, look at, and fly.

I hope this helped!

Hi folks,
Know nothing about the EVO but I just sold my trusty Mavic 2 Pro after 3 years and am now using the M3. I was afraid that my M2P drone would continue to lose value over the next year and that the batteries are no longer being made. I get just about everything in the M3 except Waypoints, which I don't neccessarily need. The video and images are amazingly beautiful with the M3 straight out of the SD card, but I shoot in D-Log and process to my taste.
Dale
Miami

Reactions: R.Cowan
We sell both Autel and DJI. I was a long-time Mavic 2 Pro user for my personal drone and have quite a bit of flight time on the EVO 2, Mavic 3, Mini 2, Autel Nano and Lite. For someone who is used to the Mavic 2 and flys for purley the enjoyment of photography/videography, I recommend the Mavic 3. It's hardware and software are refined and just feels good to use, look at, and fly.

I hope this helped!
Yes very helpful; especially since I've pretty much only flown DJI drones; thank you!

Know nothing about the EVO but I just sold my trusty Mavic 2 Pro after 3 years and am now using the M3. I was afraid that my M2P drone would continue to lose value over the next year and that the batteries are no longer being made. I get just about everything in the M3 except Waypoints, which I don't neccessarily need. The video and images are amazingly beautiful with the M3 straight out of the SD card, but I shoot in D-Log and process to my taste.
Dale
Miami
thank you for the insight... I to will be selling my mavic 2pro.. makes me very sad as it has been such a great drone; was my first drone and went through all the 'firsts' with it... time stands still for no one :)... I wish it had waypoints.. I have a Skydio 2 and the waypoint capabilities on that are really fun to use; super cool...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan