DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Problem Hysteria

Okay - if it is actually recording to the card then it is seeing it, obviously. But if it doesn't allow the option to reformat then something is wrong. Have you updated the firmware to the latest version?
Yep
It has updated itself several times.

Reactions: Former Member
I am catching up on the forums after being gone for a while but so far I have seen no one with issues post a flight log. I will keep searching...

my mavic 2 pro so far is just perfect! amazing night shots and pano photos .. the haseblad camera is just amazing.
I had the mavic pro which was also an amazing machine, never had any problems with it, and now the mavic 2 pro is just better all around .. adding to an allready amazing drone.
On the other hand i had briefly the mavic air which altough was very good the range and interference was just getting on my nerves all the time so i sold it..

Attachments

• DJI_0068.JPG
    9.5 MB · Views: 77
my mavic 2 pro so far is just perfect! amazing night shots and pano photos .. the haseblad camera is just amazing.
I had the mavic pro which was also an amazing machine, never had any problems with it, and now the mavic 2 pro is just better all around .. adding to an allready amazing drone.
On the other hand i had briefly the mavic air which altough was very good the range and interference was just getting on my nerves all the time so i sold it..
Great picture

Some guy on DJI forum say that : "When shooting panos the image quality changes from RAW to JPG. This totally defeats the benefits of having the Pro version of this model. My Mavic Pro does a better job at shooting Panos than my Mavic 2 Pro. That's sad. "

Is that true that Mavic 2 Pro don't shoot pano + DNG single shoots so you can make than after normal pano in LR or PS or whatever - like it shoot in Air ??

Can someone try and tell us what options are for pano
thx

I haven't got a Mavic 2, but there are several users that says it will save the individual photos in RAW in a separate folder, if you select save original pano as RAW under the "save original" slider. Then you can stitch the photos in Photoshop, Lightroom or my favourite pano stitching app PTGUI.

The finished, stitched pano from the Mavic is of course jpg.

Have you checked to see that it is actually seeing the SD card? When I first inserted the card in my M2P it did not see it. Did you get the original on-screen message asking if you wanted to use the card as primary storage?
Here’s a shot in the dark.....could the issue be down to SD card size. I noticed you have shown a 128 GB SD card. Have you tried using a 64 GB card?

Here’s a shot in the dark.....could the issue be down to SD card size. I noticed you have shown a 128 GB SD card. Have you tried using a 64 GB card?

I doubt it's the card - he said that he tried several cards, and I'm using that exact card in a M2P without any problems. It is also listed as compatible on the DJI website.

My gimbal burned out after two days of use and I've found at least 3 other similar cases in the last 24 hours. Seems like running it in wind can burn out the new gimbal. I'm returning it and waiting it out. Shame as the quality of the images was amazing.

Yeah, I took the 64 gig from my Mavic Pro.
This is a screen shot of the Firmeare upgrade that has appeared 4 separate times now. I have run it each time and it says all good when done.

Attachments

• C9C2271F-5E38-424D-893F-73C4E1A20703.jpeg
    C9C2271F-5E38-424D-893F-73C4E1A20703.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 47
I've logged 4 hours on my M2 Zoom so far and love it. I have the older Mavic pro as well, both have been stellar.
Currently the Mavic Zoom is saying my SD card is slow. It was fine three flights ago. So I replaced it with a new one anyway, to no avail. The -reformat SD card- "button" is also no longer available. Anyone else seeing this?
View attachment 44894
I had the same card as you, and got too slow for 4k warning, the card was fine in Mavic 1. I bought a Sandisk Extreme 64GB V30 U3, arrived today, put in the M2P, problem sorted.

The Ultra is not fast enough for M2P. Get an Extreme.

My gimbal burned out after two days of use and I've found at least 3 other similar cases in the last 24 hours. Seems like running it in wind can burn out the new gimbal. I'm returning it and waiting it out. Shame as the quality of the images was amazing.
Also there have been several people with scratched Gimbals out of the box and I'm guessing this is happening from shipping so how is this going to affect the life of the Gimbal down the road ? like you said some are burning out and we all know about the one that fell off so DJI needs to secure the Gimbal better.

I had the same card as you, and got too slow for 4k warning, the card was fine in Mavic 1. I bought a Sandisk Extreme 64GB V30 U3, arrived today, put in the M2P, problem sorted.

The Ultra is not fast enough for M2P. Get an Extreme.
Thanks for this. Ordered one just now, will update this and let everyone know what happened.

This is really becoming a problem for DJI in my view, it seems they may have bitten off more than they can chew by trying to release two new products at the same time. It seems that the software element has been compromised. I've read that a lot of people are deciding to delay their purchase until the new year. This could be very costly and create a whole lot of negative news and views about the brand as a whole. What a shame, this could have been a very positive product release with high impact & demand. But it seems that the demand is diminishing and that loyal customers will be very cautious and suspicious of any future product releases.

This is really becoming a problem for DJI in my view, it seems they may have bitten off more than they can chew by trying to release two new products at the same time. It seems that the software element has been compromised. I've read that a lot of people are deciding to delay their purchase until the new year. This could be very costly and create a whole lot of negative news and views about the brand as a whole. What a shame, this could have been a very positive product release with high impact & demand. But it seems that the demand is diminishing and that loyal customers will be very cautious and suspicious of any future product releases.

The reviews on the M2 have been overwhelmingly positive. It's a tiny minority of their customer base who even discuss these things, let alone care about them.

Sky is falling... No roll out is free of problems. I have seen nothing yet that would keep me from purchasing the Pro 2.

DJI only allowed a short amount of time for the very first reviews of the M2. Only during the past 7 days following extensive use by experienced pilots have the thorough technical reviews emerged. I acknowledge that only a small minority of their customer base may discuss or care about these issues. But these are the very people who were at the product launch and who were promised the best drone of its class. But it seems that the software is far from complete, why not just be honest about it to manage expectations. We would have been happy with a disclaimer about features and future firmware releases. This basically destroys consumer trust in my view, when it could have been the best product release to date by DJI. I'm still optimistic that DJI will make a statement soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal