DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Problem Hysteria

Former Member

Reactions
Seems like there are a few new threads with people experiencing problems with their new Mavic 2 drones. Until there is documented proof that these problems were manufacturers defects, and there is either a statement from DJI, or a recall, Im going to withhold any judgment I have on the safety and workmanship of the M2P and M2Z until I get some flight hours on them, and also more people respond to the 2 polls I created. I dont think there is any need for hysteria, no need for members to withhold buying one, and I am sure that if there are any issues with the new birds, DJI will make good on them and help us out.

Please feel free to participate and comment in either of the 2 polls. I have no dog in this fight, I dont get paid for anyone participating in the polls, Im not advertising a Youtube video, and want to give members and loyal DJI customers a chance to judge for themselves, the risks of buying a new M2.

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal fall off? Mavic 2 Pro only w/ Hasselblad camera.

Mavic 2 Pro Overheat?

Thanks for setting these threads up. Might be a good idea to make another thread listing all of the current Firmware for the M2Pro, maybe sticky it?

Reactions: Former Member
i agree but kinda hard to ignore the glue issue as hearsay

There are obviously thousands of M2P owners that started going through using them for the first time. A few have various issues. Many of them probably have nothing to do with the M2 hardware or software.

My only slight surprise, so far, is that the single compass on the M2P did not appear to be well calibrated - it was in the yellow and reading up in the 300s. A calibration brought back to green and a value of 24. I've not needed to calibrate any previous aircraft, at least not since the P2.

My only slight surprise, so far, is that the single compass on the M2P did not appear to be well calibrated - it was in the yellow and reading up in the 300s. A calibration brought back to green and a value of 24. I've not needed to calibrate any previous aircraft, at least not since the P2.
Your Drone was sitting next to the box of rare-earth-magnets! :) I checked IMU and compass and both of mine were green. I redid the compass calibration just in case. Did not do the IMU as it is all green.

Your Drone was sitting next to the box of rare-earth-magnets! :) I checked IMU and compass and both of mine were green. I redid the compass calibration just in case. Did not do the IMU as it is all green.

Unfortunately not - it was in a clear location, and the value didn't change moving it around. The IMUs were fine.

Some guy on DJI forum say that : "When shooting panos the image quality changes from RAW to JPG. This totally defeats the benefits of having the Pro version of this model. My Mavic Pro does a better job at shooting Panos than my Mavic 2 Pro. That's sad. "

Is that true that Mavic 2 Pro don't shoot pano + DNG single shoots so you can make than after normal pano in LR or PS or whatever - like it shoot in Air ??

Can someone try and tell us what options are for pano
thx

Seems like there are a few new threads with people experiencing problems with their new Mavic 2 drones. Until there is documented proof that these problems were manufacturers defects, and there is either a statement from DJI, or a recall, Im going to withhold any judgment I have on the safety and workmanship of the M2P and M2Z until I get some flight hours on them, and also more people respond to the 2 polls I created. I dont think there is any need for hysteria, no need for members to withhold buying one, and I am sure that if there are any issues with the new birds, DJI will make good on them and help us out.

Please feel free to participate and comment in either of the 2 polls. I have no dog in this fight, I dont get paid for anyone participating in the polls, Im not advertising a Youtube video, and want to give members and loyal DJI customers a chance to judge for themselves, the risks of buying a new M2.

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal fall off? Mavic 2 Pro only w/ Hasselblad camera.

Mavic 2 Pro Overheat?
Given DJI's reputation with new releases, I'm siding with the pilots. Could be software rather than HW but I think I'll wait a few months before purchase.

That's likely a very wise decision, and one I wish I'd made myself. I haven't had any issues with my M2P yet (knock on wood), but reading through all these posts for the last hour has made me more than a bit nervous.

I don’t have the Go4 app running or the aircraft connected at the moment and, I can’t remember the exact location for the setting, I’ll check later on that when I fire her up in a bit and edit the post unless someone else steps up to the plate with the right location in settings.

That said, it is possible to save the DNG files from a pano and they are written to the card in the panos folder with separate subfolders for each pano group of files.

I’ve been using PTGUI,

Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software

As my stitching application. It is far more capable than Photoshop when it comes to panos. It has good performance and when it’s done stitching one of the spherical panos that consist of 26 images I believe, the resulting image is somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 MB.

KB

I've logged 4 hours on my M2 Zoom so far and love it. I have the older Mavic pro as well, both have been stellar.
Currently the Mavic Zoom is saying my SD card is slow. It was fine three flights ago. So I replaced it with a new one anyway, to no avail. The -reformat SD card- "button" is also no longer available. Anyone else seeing this?
IMG_1382.jpg

I've logged 4 hours on my M2 Zoom so far and love it. I have the older Mavic pro as well, both have been stellar.
Currently the Mavic Zoom is saying my SD card is slow. It was fine three flights ago. So I replaced it with a new one anyway, to no avail. The -reformat SD card- "button" is also no longer available. Anyone else seeing this?
View attachment 44894

Have you checked to see that it is actually seeing the SD card? When I first inserted the card in my M2P it did not see it. Did you get the original on-screen message asking if you wanted to use the card as primary storage?

Have you checked to see that it is actually seeing the SD card? When I first inserted the card in my M2P it did not see it. Did you get the original on-screen message asking if you wanted to use the card as primary storage?
Don't remember getting that message, however I have a ton of footage taken of the card. Also just seems odd that everything was nominal then suddenly red "Slow SD Card". I've tried three different SD cards and the drone says they are all slow.

Don't remember getting that message, however I have a ton of footage taken of the card. Also just seems odd that everything was nominal then suddenly red "Slow SD Card". I've tried three different SD cards and the drone says they are all slow.

Okay - if it is actually recording to the card then it is seeing it, obviously. But if it doesn't allow the option to reformat then something is wrong. Have you updated the firmware to the latest version?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitkat