DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 - soft on the right?

brocky120

Reactions
Hi guys,

New pilot here and picked up my Drone on Wednesday, flew it a quite a lot already (50,000ft) but possibly have an issue with the camera and wanted to hear opinions. The last 10-15% of the right side of the image seems to be rather smudged/soft and sometimes a little washed out. See image below:

F/4.0 - ISO 100 - 1/160s

1 1.jpg

I've done a few tests and cropped the left and right side of the images and stitched them together. Camera was in Aperture mode and just raised it up etc, focused on the centre point of the image every time i changed the aperture to ensure was equal.

F/3.2 - ISO 100 - 1/100s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-LpsSeWCzyDERbanT.jpg

F/5.0 - ISO 100 - 1/100s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-CpwRUCMdUu.jpg

F/5.6 - ISO 100 - 1/30s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-K0TiXWE4SyAuiS.jpg

Wondered peoples thought on this?

Hi guys,

New pilot here and picked up my Drone on Wednesday, flew it a quite a lot already (50,000ft) but possibly have an issue with the camera and wanted to hear opinions. The last 10-15% of the right side of the image seems to be rather smudged/soft and sometimes a little washed out. See image below:

F/4.0 - ISO 100 - 1/160s

View attachment 67587

I've done a few tests and cropped the left and right side of the images and stitched them together. Camera was in Aperture mode and just raised it up etc, focused on the centre point of the image every time i changed the aperture to ensure was equal.

F/3.2 - ISO 100 - 1/100s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

View attachment 67586

F/5.0 - ISO 100 - 1/100s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

View attachment 67584

F/5.6 - ISO 100 - 1/30s - Left and Right images cropped and stitched together

View attachment 67585

Wondered peoples thought on this?
My first M2P gave the look of a decentered lens.I did a delayed exchange(I held onto the first one until I received the 2nd one)to see if I was being overcritical.The second was a visible improvement on the first.

My first M2P gave the look of a decentered lens.I did a delayed exchange(I held onto the first one until I received the 2nd one)to see if I was being overcritical.The second was a visible improvement on the first.

Might have to do this. I assume this was directly through DJI and they allowed this? Don't really want to be without a drone! Especially after just having got it! Also a bit weary of getting a used/refurbished one but in good condition back.

Might have to do this. I assume this was directly through DJI and they allowed this? Don't really want to be without a drone! Especially after just having got it! Also a bit weary of getting a used/refurbished one but in good condition back.
I bought it from BH Photo New York.They are excellent to deal with when you have a problem.i've never bought anything from DJI.My experience with customer service has been poor.

It's clearly a decentered lens. You can try and use f5.6 - f6.3 to even things out a bit till you get a replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman