DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom 2xOp 2xDt slow mo waves 1080p

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
No post, just sliced with transitions and inserted music, left on auto with pre set D-Cinelike.
DJI ND filters 16. 8, 4, and none as the light faded.
Manual Dolly.

Camera settings, three little circles with legs on the right of the go app, select the camera in the middle top, select video size, choose 1920*1080 then select 120fps with the word slow below it, tap on the main screen on the left and every thing you video is in very slow motion.
I'll find a vid for you.

Camera settings, three little circles with legs on the right of the go app, select the camera in the middle top, select video size, choose 1920*1080 then select 120fps with the word slow below it, tap on the main screen on the left and every thing you video is in very slow motion.
I'll find a vid for you.

Awesome, thanks! is that better than slowing down the video in editing?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Much easier. You can play with editing later. Have fun.
Well, is it just automatically slow? I picked the 2.4k option at 60fps so I could slow down the video later if I wanted. Am I missing something or is that a viable option as well? I assume you could record at 120fps in "normal speed mode" so to speak then then slow down the video where you want in post production? Sorry if it's a dumb question/assumption. New to this and thinking of how I do that with video on my iPhone to slow down certain frames when I want to later....

The thing is that many apps and displays can play back correctly at different frame rates. The "slow" button probably alters the header so that the recording is at the higher frame rate but tells the app that its a slower frame rate.

Reactions: Sarcastic1
The thing is that many apps and displays can play back correctly at different frame rates. The "slow" button probably alters the header so that the recording is at the higher frame rate but tells the app that its a slower frame rate.

So that would mean the same effect basically as if it recorded "normally" at 120fps and then you slowed it down post, right? If so, I should be good. My thought process was that while I'd normally like to record at 4k, 2.7k is probably more than high enough resolution and at 60fps I then have the ability to slow things down if something interesting occurs and get more detail in the slo-mo or freeze frames. Less blur than if I tried the same with 24-30fps, obviously. Unless I'm off base. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929