DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - driving me crazy!!

Showbizjones

Reactions
Hi guys,

New to the Mavic forum although have been a member of Phantom forums a while back.

Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Got my Mavic 2 Zoom a few weeks back. Flown it once but first I had problems with an error code 200. This was the first problem - refreshed the firmware a couple of times without success then, downgraded and refreshed firmware and seemed to fix that particular problem.

I’m now getting 2 more problems that are preventing me from flying::

1. Before take off this morning there were feint vertical lines appearing in my image so I didn’t take off as it wouldn’t have made great video (image shown below when I got back). Typically after 5 mins of moving the gimbal up and down and zooming it all of a sudden fixed itself. I obviously don’t want this happening every time I go out.

IMG_0143.JPG

2. On the same trip out it kept losing image and saying ‘no image transition signal’. That then obviously prevented me from taking off completely!
Satellites were good, no issues or warnings apart from no image.

Any ideas what these 2 issues might be?

I’ve gone back into dji assistant when I got back and it’s asking me to upgrade which I will do but will this fix it. At the time it also wasn’t letting me flick between camera and video.

I’m loathed to send it back to DJI as I’ve heard so many horror stories of 4-6 weeks before getting it back, no paying for shipping there or back for a defective product etc. I will though if I have to but didn’t know if any of you peeps had experienced any of this or knew how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Glenn

I am no expert, but this sounds to me like the ribbon cable into the camera might be loose or damaged. If it is that obviously the update will make no difference...
There's a few videos around showing how to change out the camera that show you how to access the cable so you can check if it has come loose or for damage.

Reactions: Showbizjones
I am no expert, but this sounds to me like the ribbon cable into the camera might be loose or damaged. If it is that obviously the update will make no difference...
There's a few videos around showing how to change out the camera that show you how to access the cable so you can check if it has come loose or for damage.

Thanks AeroJ. If everyone else thinks that as well I’ll need to return it as, I assume that as soon as I start to mess about with that sort of thing it’ll void the warranty!

Saw similar on another forum, suggested different sd card, updating to latest firmware .. then if not sorted, return for refund/replace.

I brought my zoom on September 28. I was having image and range issues also but they were different than yours. Took a half a dozen emails to DJI customer service and then they requested a video of the problem. I suggest you take a screenshot screenshot video to send with your email to DJI. They sent me a different serial number aircraft. Just over two weeks of my first months ownership was at DJI!

OP, if you can return it for a refund or exchange, thats what I would do. It's a hardware problem.

If you cant return it for a refund, then start an online repair claim with DJI, as @Thealien suggested. This is a warranty problem.

Do not delete your DJI GO 4 apps or those idiots at DJI will charge you for the repair. Just to let you know from my experience with DJI they're ONLY train to look at physical damage and forgetting about the main issues such as internal problems, my 2 cents,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78