DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

The vents and internal fan.
Just like on the Phantom 4 , the vents are to cool but not to create any kind of vacum strong enough to bring in water. Just dose not have the ability. Once we have another really good storm, will be posting a 5 times slow motion video to show you how the pouring rain really works.

We have not had the Storm to film slow motion yet on the Mavic, but we have tested it some smaller showers and the results are the same , fan is not an issue with pulling in water..

You can see from this video that we posted for the Phantom 4 a couple years ago how the wet suit protected one of the most vulnerable drones because if its open vents in all the wrong places and the fan at the bottom of the drip zone.

We have taken everything that worked on the Phantom 4 Pro and applied the concepts to the Mavic 2 to really solidify the drones ability to fly in extreme weather.

Last edited:
Can someone from Europe check the website, we think we have it unblocked but i have my doubts , its no easy task. phantomrain.org

There has to be unprotected parts that are being damaged by water. How waterproof is the battery button? This can't be good for the drone, no matter how watertight those covers are. I could well be wrong, no thanks for me. I'll be sticking to dry weather.

The power button has not shown any leaks from the tests we have done so far , meaning that the battery has not faulted.

However because we cannot see inside this battery , we opted for a button cover anyway , that would seal it just in case.

Its made of Neoprene to seal it and Acrylic and pops in to the top, so we got it covered anyway.

Thats the beauty of the Wet Suit, it adds extra support for whats already been built into the Mavic and we have taken what is Vulnerable and or Failure and Secured it for those that use the drone for Purpose.

For the Hobbyist, Sunny days are great , but for those that are dependant on the Drone to get the job done this is a Brilliant option for them, we know because we sold over 5000 units of the Phantom 4 Series when it was released and drones are being used all over the world for money making and scientific and rescue purposes.

So the Wet Suits are designed to Keep the Water out of the Drone not just get thru the Rain.

Besides Wet Suits are a Ton of Fun, and add a nice touchy feel to your drone. lol Thanks.

Reactions: Aerobatty
Do you know if it affects warranty or DJI care?

We learned from the phantom wet suits that it does not interfere , this is because u do not have to open the drone up or unscrew anything , that makes a big difference , so the wet suits are in the clear , thank u

I need this... is the buy one get one for the first 100 still open?

No , however if you you purchase and email me, let me know you were on the forum and I will send you both styles that you choose, I will send them out to you. Talk soon, thank you.

Can someone from Europe check the website, we think we have it unblocked but i have my doubts , its no easy task. phantomrain.org
Seems to work ok.. Hello from Scotland :)

1471643ab53dd8b45726d3e1e81a3a2c.jpg

These are fantastic and allow quick access to the Mavic in foul conditions or the threat of them during a flight the operator needs to do, (for whatever reason).

Incidental moisture needs to be controlled after flights ( air, silica packs, blow drier etc...).

Use common sense.

My first ask from DJI was IP rating for incidental water exposure.

Like the M200 series.

The DUAL/FLIR model is the one that must have it. Law Enforcement/Firefighters/SAR are in need of all weather capable craft.

Good on you for designing these.

You are on the right track.

P

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Oh my god, this is it!
So, basically it closes all the gaps on the drone body and motors, right?
Also, if the drone stays on one place, it's fine. But if it flies 75 km/h in any (!) direction (not only forward of backward), won't water find any way to get over the wet suit?

How does this work if you have 3 batteries?
+1

Any consideration in making a version for the Mavic 2 Enterprise? Have 4 for fire department use and this would be great to have for a rescue drone in bad weather.

Looks like a good idea. What keeps the fan from sucking in water? Im concerned about it hitting the boards.
How does this work if you have 3 batteries?

So the way we are handling is that each order comes with 2 Neoprene battery covers, and if you the first 100 orders get 2 color styles and or an extra Battery Cover.

Just email me and I will include that in your order. the extra Color Style or the Extra Battery Cover.

Any consideration in making a version for the Mavic 2 Enterprise? Have 4 for fire department use and this would be great to have for a rescue drone in bad weather.

We have the Enterprise on order, and need to test out the USB port and If we can actually make that Water Proof with the attachments, but we cannot confirm if the attachements are Water Proof and we have gotten different answers on that.

We will be releasing a Base Unit model with the USB closed if that is the case.?
We will have to do are own testing starting with indoor tests to working it out on the field.

Will keep you posted, on that....
Thank you

Phantomrain.org
coal

Reactions: cfd2474
For those asking about the Power Button on the battery, all of our tests so far have shown that power button on the Mavic 2 is very water resistant.

Despite that the Mavic 2 Wet Suits Come with a Plug that goes over the top of the Power Button for added water protection.

The prop Covers are designed to keep the sand - water and small rocks from getting lodged in to the motors , but also make them a little stronger to come off as we felt the came off way to easy.

Yes, you can use the Plug to turn on and off the drone if needed.

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 12.43.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 12.54.28 PM.png

Explain how the motors are protected again? Water won't go down into the blade area and inside?

Reactions: Jaysjob
Explain how the motors are protected again? Water won't go down into the blade area and inside?

Both the Phantom 4 and the Mavic use the Aluminum Brusheless Motors and they are designed to negotiate heat and water extremely well.

We used Prop covers on the Phantom which worked extremely well to protect from sand , small pebbles and dirt , and water .

We are using the same concept on the Mavic to stop rocks and sand and dirt and water from getting inside.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143