DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

As you say you've sold thousands of the Phantom Rain kits, and have been going since the Phantom 4 days.

You'd expect to see loads of videos on Youtube of it flying around in the rain. The only videos I've seen so far, are your own promotional videos and they all share one thing in common - the drone stays in one place and isn't flying around in the rain.

Any links from satisfied customers? Or videos of it actually "flying" in the rain and not hovering...

100 % Agree with you:

Storms are hard to come by, you have to be in the right place at the Right time and have the right camera setup and so you scramble to get up and Film and Post while hovering to get it captured. .

This year we got LITCHI on board with the PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS and so the TANDEM flying begins. We will be Flying two drones back to back and filming each other in flight as that may not be so boring as just watching a drone fly in the rain.

Regarding the youtube Posts;

One of the biggest orders we had came from our first week selling the Phantom 4 Wet Suits , we sold 500 units to a company that inspects solar panels over the water.

We sold another 500 to UK company switching from the Inspire to the Phantoms.

We sold 100 units to a Swiss Rail Way and Mining company.

I could go on , but none of those companies could care less about posting rain videos on youtube . lol

We do get videos from time to time, but for privacy I make the decision not to share them as it could jeopardize there accounts and the money they are making.

When your making money from an account or gig privacy matters. We Protect that which is why I dont post testimonials.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

sorry to bother you but other than zoom I know they say 31mins vs 30 with platinum and speed increase to almost 45mph what else would you consider is worth the switch? Gimble, build, processor, etc. ? Oh the occusync may be a little better i hear.

I think you shoud start that as your own POST, as may get some good info from it.

Reactions: Davo0001
Okay, living in the pacific northWET (aka northWET Washington), I'm somewhat interested. Do you have any video of putting on the wetsuit? And does this become more or less permanent attire for the drone? This is not something you put on for rainy or potentially rainy days but take off when the sun FINALLY shines?

I drove 20 miles to fly about a week ago and when I arrived there was a heavy mist. So I sat in the car and read for a while and it dried up so I flew a bit but then the mist returned and I called it quits. So this could be handy.

100 % Agree with you:

Storms are hard to come by, you have to be in the right place at the Right time and have the right camera setup and so you scramble to get up and Film and Post while hovering to get it captured. .

This year we got LITCHI on board with the PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS and so the TANDEM flying begins. We will be Flying two drones back to back and filming each other in flight as that may not be so boring as just watching a drone fly in the rain.

Regarding the youtube Posts;

One of the biggest orders we had came from our first week selling the Phantom 4 Wet Suits , we sold 500 units to a company that inspects solar panels over the water.

We sold another 500 to UK company switching from the Inspire to the Phantoms.

We sold 100 units to a Swiss Rail Way and Mining company.

I could go on , but none of those companies could care less about posting rain videos on youtube . lol

We do get videos from time to time, but for privacy I make the decision not to share them as it could jeopardize there accounts and the money they are making.

When your making money from an account or gig privacy matters. We Protect that which is why I dont post testimonials.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Thank you for your answer, however, I find it very hard to believe that after all this time - people haven't posted with their feedback.

No videos exist accept your own, I find this very suspect.

You're trying to tell us, it's only companies that have purchased from you? With no feedback and or testimonials, I find this very suspect considering the length of time you've been in business.

If you guys wanna take the risk with your drone and give us some feedback, that would be great. Or you could just take the owner's word for it (after all, he's not here to make money) :rolleyes:

Reactions: mnis
Nice PR...

Yep PR - with no proof.

Yes, it hovers in the rain, anyone seen it flying in the rain?

Edit: I should add, I really want to believe this product to be true (it gets wet in the UK) I'd buy one straight away, but zero evidence it works as advertised.

Please prove me wrong...

Now is your chance Commander Coal...

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis
Okay, living in the pacific northWET (aka northWET Washington), I'm somewhat interested. Do you have any video of putting on the wetsuit? And does this become more or less permanent attire for the drone? This is not something you put on for rainy or potentially rainy days but take off when the sun FINALLY shines?

I drove 20 miles to fly about a week ago and when I arrived there was a heavy mist. So I sat in the car and read for a while and it dried up so I flew a bit but then the mist returned and I called it quits. So this could be handy.

Yes the Wet Suit weighs less than 1/2 ounce so it does not interfere with any factor or concept of the drone and so its meant to be permanent.

We had a lot of Praise for the Install Videos we made for the Phantom and so the Mavic will be the same, but this is a very easy install.

Neoprene is much more forgiving and easy to work with than say a sticker and we offer 100% guaranteed install so everyone can take a breath and relax.

All forum members get to choose 2 color styles or get a third battery cover , keep me posted, and thank you.

Reactions: ff22
This looks like a great idea.. But i did notice in your video that the camera is facing down the entire time.. any reason why? Also what is your drone replacement policy if my drone get's damaged while flying in the rain with one of these on?

This looks like a great idea.. But i did notice in your video that the camera is facing down the entire time.. any reason why? Also what is your drone replacement policy if my drone get's damaged while flying in the rain with one of these on?

What video , the Freak Hail storm, with the Mavic ??

yea, the one posted in this thread with the mavic 2 rain suit on. My concern is the Pro and the zoom both have removable lens covers that are removable to install filters onto the camera..

Since we have only released the Mavic 2 Wet Suits a few days agos I dont have any footage of the Mavic dipping in the water to show you why this should not be a concern with rain water ..

The phantom 4 Pro uses the same type of Camera setup with the Lens Cover and we have many videos of the actual camera being submerged underwater and still working so rain water is not even close to that.

I rememeber when we first tested the camera on the Phantom 4 Pro and people thought it would blow up and just not work if it went underwater running, of course it not recommended however it is what inspired us to make the Rescue jackets for the phantom 3 and 4 series drones.

Anyway I know its not the Mavic 2 camera but you kind of get some the same idea and if you ever owned a Phantom 4 Pro you would know how extrodinary this was to those that fly the phantom

We are already working on the Rescue Jackets for the Mavic 2, based on how resillient the camera setup is and how well the Rescue jackets worked for the Phantom Series of drones.

We have alot of videos on the website and the Mavic 2 is just going to follow in those footsteps that were so successful for the Phantom Series.

Last edited:
That name calling is not needed, the Wet Suits are designed for those than need to use there drone to work, make money, not really for a hobbist that can afford to wait for the perfect day to fly.

We sold over 5000 units of the Phantom 4 Series drones, so we know people are using there drones to there fullest capacity , and the Mavic 2 Wet Suit is going to provide them that means.

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org
coal

It doesn’t matter the reason or the need. Both may be valid. Flying an open electric motor in the rain makes no sense. Congrats on your sales. That still don’t make it right.

How do the open motors deal with moisture? Is every single part 100% rust/corrosion proof? I wouldn't want water getting in there, and most rain is slightly acidic.

Personally I would never fly in the rain, especially since any photos/video would be useless anyway, but that is just me - I am too paranoid.

Reactions: HVYMTL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent