DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

How do the open motors deal with moisture? Is every single part 100% rust/corrosion proof? I wouldn't want water getting in there, and most rain is slightly acidic.

Personally I would never fly in the rain, especially since any photos/video would be useless anyway, but that is just me - I am too paranoid.

DJI uses Aluminum Brushless Motors that were designed to Negotiate Water and Extreme Heat. Thus these same motors are used in Submersibles ( fresh Water ) with a more protected power sources.

Salt Water is the biggest threat to the motors and there is no salt in the rain, many of those that sail still drink the rain water on the open sea.
Wet Suits were made for those that make money with there drone.

One of the biggest orders we had so far came from the international Rail way system Company who use the Drones to inspect the rail ways along the mountains on an everday basis now.

Drones are being used all over the world in the most creative ways you could possibly think of, outside of the Cinema Box.
So if you make money with your drone, the Wet Suit is the tool that just makes sense. Thats are clientele.

Besides all of that , the wet suits will help you not panic when you do get caught in the rain and you can tell of your great adventures ..

PHANTOMGEARFACE.jpg

Approved Vendor

Besides all of that , the wet suits will help you not panic when you do get caught in the rain and you can tell of your great adventures ..

This is where I would see the potential value (speaking for me personally). Thanks for the explanation. What is the approximate cost out of curiosity?

This is where I would see the potential value (speaking for me personally). Thanks for the explanation. What is the approximate cost out of curiosity?

Forum members get the Mavic 2 Wet suit at $79 and it includes and extra battery cover or Second Color skin.
Most have choosen the extra Battery Cover. Thank you

Reactions: CanadaDrone
These are cool, are they hard to put on?

No , the Neoprene is thick , not like a sticker, i made a video and posted it on the Website phantomrain.org
If you cannot see it let me know, I will be glad to post it fo you.

No tools, no air bubbles just place it on and tap, check out the video Install example.
Thanks for your interest.

Reactions: Jamgar
Is there a practical reason that the wetsuit covers the legs (or are they arms?) or is it more an aesthetic to match where the neoprene is needed? I guess I'm asking is all of the neoprene protective against water intrusion?

Thanks.

Is there a practical reason that the wetsuit covers the legs (or are they arms?) or is it more an aesthetic to match where the neoprene is needed? I guess I'm asking is all of the neoprene protective against water intrusion?

Thanks.

So the neoprene extends on the legs, extend all the way down into the part where the legs bend and help seal those gaps when flying along with the Compression bands so they do serve to keep the water out of the drone.

So all the parts play a role on keeping water from going into places that would take much longer to dry than where the neoprene is.

I have seen a lot of videos where the Mavic just slips out of the hand, and I cannot express enough how much more secure holding or catching the drone is with the Wet Suit.

Thank you for your interest.
Phantomrain.org

Reactions: ff22
Yes I find it very hard to believe that it would stand up to a Real fast flight with lots of menouvers. Stick it in sport mode phantom rain and give it a real blast for 20 minutes in a good downpour and post a video of it. and also show us inside the battery compartment after it has successfully landed. I would love this to be true and would definitely buy one if it checked out OK.

Reactions: Jamgar and mnis
Yes I find it very hard to believe that it would stand up to a Real fast flight with lots of menouvers. Stick it in sport mode phantom rain and give it a real blast for 20 minutes in a good downpour and post a video of it. and also show us inside the battery compartment after it has successfully landed. I would love this to be true and would definitely buy one if it checked out OK.

We just got done with the 26 minute hover video , that is much more brutal on the drone than flying it.
However now that we have that out of the way we are waiting on the next superstorm to record while flying in it.

Were expecting 130 more days of Rain this year so plenty of videos to come

Thank you for your interest.
Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Inspirephil
Well after more research i think my doubts stand corrected. This guy or girl flew their mavic pro in seemingly heavy rain for quite a while without a wet suit i think. so maybe with one on it could make many flights in the rain image.jpg

Well after more research i think my doubts stand corrected. This guy or girl flew their mavic pro in seemingly heavy rain for quite a while without a wet suit i think. so maybe with one on it could make many flights in the rain View attachment 63938
comments from the poster of that video says:
"Flying with high wind velocity & continuous rain during 10 minutes I was using the gimbal protection globe, it seemed ok but water was getting inside the quadcopter, my conclusion is it can fly in the rain but not too often or too long "

and another poster says: "The footage is not usable .. so ability to fly in rain is not relevant. " <<<<<<BINGO..
wetsuit good if ever you are caught in the rain, which most of us make sure to check weather and surroundings before flying.
But I must say, video in post #93 sure looks like a staged video by the vendor. Who goes out and then tags their videos like that?

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis
comments from the poster of that video says:
"Flying with high wind velocity & continuous rain during 10 minutes I was using the gimbal protection globe, it seemed ok but water was getting inside the quadcopter, my conclusion is it can fly in the rain but not too often or too long "

Yes, and what we did with the Mavic Wet Suits is to make improvements to what DJI already had in place allowing you fly a full 26 minutes in the pouring rain to make it in and out of the storm without getting water inside the drone. Thank you

For the record , this kind of He said, She said thing you have going on here is not respected it this forum.
l
neither is the way you attacked everyone when they asked questions
and as for the video.. yes, I overlay all my videos as a commercial just like that one.
looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, more than likely a duck

Have a nice day

Fantastic, Thank you , I was hoping someone would get back to me, Thank you .
I got mine a couple weeks ago. Love it. Two flights in the rain so far and feeling confident. One short vid on phantom rain site. It was fun installing as well. With the Polar Pro Landing gear the bird looks completely different. Thanks Coal. I like the black.

Attachments

• A991DF4F-DDEF-4551-9821-5B29EC880196.jpeg
    A991DF4F-DDEF-4551-9821-5B29EC880196.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 39CF4655-7DB2-46CF-9B85-F40DF920929D.jpeg
    39CF4655-7DB2-46CF-9B85-F40DF920929D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
I got mine a couple weeks ago. Love it. Two flights in the rain so far and feeling confident. One short vid on phantom rain site. It was fun installing as well. With the Polar Pro Landing gear the bird looks completely different. Thanks Coal. I like the black.

Wow, that landing gear with the Mavic 2 Orca Wet Suit makes you do a double take : Thanks for sharing this.
Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 11.34.30 PM.png

Any plans to make a wetsuit for the original Mavic Pro/ Platinum?

The Mavic Pro Wet Suits are now available for purchase: Phantomrain.org

Zipping thru the the Rain : Thunder gave us hope for a Visual Storm but no such luck today.

A lot of people were asking to see the drone actully fly in the rain,

We were hoping for and Epic thunder Storm with High Winds but the storm faded after just 15 minutes.
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor:

For those asking about the Trauma 1 Wet Suits , The red never comes across on the video the right shade , so this is a more accurate color of the Trauma 1: Red and Black

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 8.12.08 PM.png

Reactions: VikingwithDrones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21