DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

If you find your batteries getting ruined my moisture we recommend you get the Wet Suit as it comes with 2 extra battery covers to protect your batteries for all forum members.

We have found the batteries are very prone to moisture , most likely because the seal is so poor on the Mavic Zoom.

Its becoming more and more apparent that know 2 batteries have the same fit inside the mavic 2 , some are loose, and I think this explains the poor seal offered to protect the battery, not only that the Power Button is very susceptible to water and the very poor seal on the battery make them suspect to moisture.

The mavic Wet Suits are becoming a really good way to protect your batteries from any kind of moisture.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear for flying in and out of the Storm.
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 4.09.53 PM.png

Last edited:
Why do you keep quoting the sealing of the factory unit?

DJI make no such claims regarding sealing of any kind on the battery, battery compartment or the drone in general.

Your product looks the goods, and likely offers some back up protection for the M2 - however, Your continued “spin” marketing is enough to ensure I won’t purchase your product.

Perhaps stick to more factual representations of your product and it’s benefits in future.

DJI make no such claims regarding sealing of any kind on the battery, battery compartment or the drone in general.

Your product looks the goods, and likely offers some back up protection for the M2 - however, Your continued “spin” marketing is enough to ensure I won’t purchase your product.

Perhaps stick to more factual representations of your product and it’s benefits in future.
HUH ?

We assumed when we made our purchase of the Mavic 2 Zoom with the battery being on top of the drone that it would be sealed. uuum yep we thought that..

Honestly it blows my mind that we even had to make the Wet Suit for the Mavic , but that was the case.

As far as you not being interested, , no one ever cursed out a Mavic 2 Wet Suit when they got caught in the Rain.

I think we have done an excellent job at bringing awareness to the Fact that the battery compartment is a like a Koi Pond. lol

Our Cliental are those that make money with there drone, not so much the hobbist that can wait for a sunny day.

For the Record , never have we used the words sealing of the factory unit, more like dissappointed that it was not already somewhat sealed.

We purchased the Mavic 2 zoom to fly and record Tandem with the Phantom 4 in the storm, imagine our surprise to find the battery compartment filled with water after only
4 minutes of hovering in the storm. UGH Thus the Mavic 2 Wet Suits were engineered , designed , engaged and marketed.

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org

I looked out the window at the sunny day, and thought No Rain or Snow so no reason to fly , but than this happened,
Only had time to grab an Ipad for this freak storm before the Ipad went dead. Phantomrain.org

Because the Battery is so vulnerable to the rain, be warned do not try this without the Mavic 2 Wet Suit or you will short out that battery as water seeps in quickly into the seams around the entire battery.

We use a neoprene Cover to protect the seems and create a much better seal keeping the water out.

On the Phantom 4 pro the Neoprene suits were a game changer but you never really felt the neoprene as you do with the Mavic , the Neoprene provides protection for the entire base of the drone and the legs from wear marks..

The compression cones fold into legs slots when closed.
You can check out more footage and pictures at phantomrain.org
If you are from Europe , the website is currently not working as new privacy laws are put into place.

You can email me [email protected] and I will be glad to send you an email with the catalog of Wet Suits for the Zoom / Pro

Phantomrain.org
Approved vendor

What is the shipping time for a wetsuit for the Mavic 2 Pro to Virginia, I noticed you responded to a previous question about this but is this still the case? I'm leaving for vacation on the 29th of this month and would like to have one for some flying in Iceland.

What is the shipping time for a wetsuit for the Mavic 2 Pro to Virginia, I noticed you responded to a previous question about this but is this still the case? I'm leaving for vacation on the 29th of this month and would like to have one for some flying in Iceland.

If you order tonight, I can ship it out Priority mail so you would have it by Wednesday maybe even Tuesday.

First post and you defecate all over someone else. Looks like you'll be a lot of fun to have around.

Reactions: WilderMavic2
First post and you defecate all over someone else. Looks like you'll be a lot of fun to have around.

Ok what ever you say Princess.

If you look at my post I praised the product - I only asked why they kept commenting on factory sealing.

I read rather than post because of people like you!

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Love it. Two flights in the rain so far and feeling confident. One short vid on phantom rain site. It was fun installing as well. With the Polar Pro Landing gear the bird looks completely different. Thanks Coal. I like the black.

I have the PolarPro landing gear and I was wondering if the Orca wetsuit would work. I haven’t installed mine yet but after seeing yours I am gonna get busy and install mine asap.

I have the PolarPro landing gear and I was wondering if the Orca wetsuit would work. I haven’t installed mine yet but after seeing yours I am gonna get busy and install mine asap.

Yes the Wet suits do work with the PolarPro landing gear , so the Orca Wet Suit will work .
If this is what you are referring to than Yes.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Yes the Wet suits do work with the PolarPro landing gear , so the Orca Wet Suit will work .
If this is what you are referring to than Yes.

View attachment 69616
Did you have to cut the wetsuit off for the PolarPro Landing gear to fit onto the legs? Or did you leave the leg portion of the wetsuit off so the PolarPro landing gear would fit and just used the part of the wetsuit that fits onto the body of the Mavic 2?
I purchased the Orca wetsuit.

A very good point. The first thing that will go is the fan circuit. I had to repair an M2 core board because of this horrible design. I suggest coating that area of the board as well as limiting airflow through the vent on that side.

Water will also go into the camera board via the cable opening, and on top of the GPS/IMU board. Again the M2 is very poorly protected from moisture in those areas. Water on the IMU circuits will cause an instant 200 error and crash. While my M2P was laying upsidedown, the height reading kept going down and reached -700m.

While flying in rain the intake vent is sucking in water

Last edited:
While flying in rain the intake vent is sucking in water

You mention the Intake vents Sucking in water. and The Motors taking in water.

So the Vents are not a Vacum, they are not powerful enough to vacum even a tiny spec of water , mostly do to the props above also protecting the vents. So no worries on the Vacum or the vents sucking in water.

The Compression band can be adjusted if your going in for extreme weather on the Wet Suit

The Motors of course are Aluminm Brushless motors and are designed to Negotiate water beautifully, you can run these motors under water if you have the Water Proof Power Source to do so in Fresh Water.. We demonstate this using the Phantom 4 Pro on the website flying in the water.

So the Question is what about some Horrific Horizontal Rain will that effect the Drone Vents and based on the flights so far, we say no.

We learned a lot from flying the Phantom 4 in the water and how the Boards react to water.
Based on over 100 flights and those in the water with the Phantom 4 , the circuit boards may be already protected somewhat. Maybe.

Here is the Trauma 1 In action on the MAVIC 2 in some Horizontal Rain. You can find the full 18 minute clip on the Web Site.

You can get a sense of the Rain if you Watch it in 2K with the volume up. This was a freak storm did not last to long.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada