DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Extreme weather flying with the Mavic Rain Wet Suit. Hail Storm/ Heavy Rain

You mention the Intake vents Sucking in water. and The Motors taking in water.

So the Vents are not a Vacum, they are not powerful enough to vacum even a tiny spec of water , mostly do to the props above also protecting the vents. So no worries on the Vacum or the vents sucking in water.

The Compression band can be adjusted if your going in for extreme weather on the Wet Suit

The Motors of course are Aluminm Brushless motors and are designed to Negotiate water beautifully, you can run these motors under water if you have the Water Proof Power Source to do so in Fresh Water.. We demonstate this using the Phantom 4 Pro on the website flying in the water.

So the Question is what about some Horrific Horizontal Rain will that effect the Drone Vents and based on the flights so far, we say no.

We learned a lot from flying the Phantom 4 in the water and how the Boards react to water.
Based on over 100 flights and those in the water with the Phantom 4 , the circuit boards may be already protected somewhat. Maybe.

Here is the Trauma 1 In action on the MAVIC 2 in some Horizontal Rain. You can find the full 18 minute clip on the Web Site.

You can get a sense of the Rain if you Watch it in 2K with the volume up. This was a freak storm did not last to long.

Thanks for the reply

Reactions: Inspirephil
I have the PolarPro landing gear and I was wondering if the Orca wetsuit would work. I haven’t installed mine yet but after seeing yours I am gonna get busy and install mine asap.
Yep, I have the PP landing gear and they stay on all the time and work well with the wetsuit. On another topic that Coal might be interested in, I bought the Lumecube and mounting attachment for the M2P. The wetsuit does not allow it to "click on" like it should but the compression band works great to keep it in place. Very happy with the product. I now have about 60 flights and of those five in the rain. one in snow in Ireland. I have a couple spots that are starting to wear but no failure at this time.

interested, any promotion still going on?

We offer the mavic 2 wetsuits with 3 battery covers and two color designs to the all the forum members for $99 if you purchase on the website you only get the 1 cover and the 1 design.

Email me at [email protected]
let me know which 2 color designs you want and I will send you paypal invoice

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Yep, I have the PP landing gear and they stay on all the time and work well with the wetsuit. On another topic that Coal might be interested in, I bought the Lumecube and mounting attachment for the M2P. The wetsuit does not allow it to "click on" like it should but the compression band works great to keep it in place. Very happy with the product. I now have about 60 flights and of those five in the rain. one in snow in Ireland. I have a couple spots that are starting to wear but no failure at this time.
Can you post a picture? I have a wetsuit and lume cubes on order and this solution doesn’t sound optimal. The compression band should be on the bird, not around the mounting attachment, right?

Can you post a picture? I have a wetsuit and lume cubes on order and this solution doesn’t sound optimal. The compression band should be on the bird, not around the mounting attachment, right?

I think this side view of the Lume Cubes attachement shows it best, you can cut the neoprene or you can slide it over and than use the band to go over the entire bracket. Its going to be secure either way as it works well together.

This is for the Mavic 2 attachment

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in the rain.
Coal

Thanks for that. I will see more when I get the suit, but I’m trying to figure out the compression band thing. That’s just to be able to plug the holes behind the front legs, right? Or is it useful for other things.

Thanks for that. I will see more when I get the suit, but I’m trying to figure out the compression band thing. That’s just to be able to plug the holes behind the front legs, right? Or is it useful for other things.

It does more than that , it provides pressure on the battery to keep that seal that we created tight.

Also some members that do not have the wet suit have reported that some of the batteries are swelling up from the bottom , no one is really sure why but if the batteries were to swell because of over charging or moisture , the seal and the band will keep it locked in snug and tight.

It does more than that , it provides pressure on the battery to keep that seal that we created tight.

Also some members that do not have the wet suit have reported that some of the batteries are swelling up from the bottom , no one is really sure why but if the batteries were to swell because of over charging or moisture , the seal and the band will keep it locked in snug and tight.
I was going to mention the battery swelling thing, but was hoping you would. So perfect!
How about battery seal after using it a lot. I go through two batteries a day. Will that wear down the 3m, switching between those two batteries each day. I’m really hoping to get a year out of this, but I understand if that isn’t possible. Obviously, I would want to not have to replace any parts, so I hope the adhesion is great. I will see soon!!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I dunno. Five months, seven pages, and 130 posts, and so far only two people in this forum seem to have used it:

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Love it.

Definitely worth the money

The second link from a day ago consists of only those four words.

My son-in-law has the Mavic Air and has flown it in the rain, in Iceland, but without any additional protection. The drone completed its mission and is still alive. Thus, there is more water resistance built into these drones than I would have imagined.

This begs the question: how much additional protection is this product really providing??

To be convinced that this product works, I need to see two identical drones, one with a wetsuit and one without, flying the same mission, at 25-30 mph, of a duration over ten minutes, in a steady rain. The rain doesn't have to be a deluge, just something more than a mist. The unprotected drone has to fail, and the protected one has to return, unharmed. The test should be done by a third party, not by the vendor.

As an engineer, it seems to me that except for the battery compartment, there are a whole lot of other avenues for the moisture to penetrate that the wetsuit won't cover.

So for those reading this post, if you have this product, have you used it, did your drone survive, and is the drone still functioning the same as it did before?

Last edited:
I dunno. Five months, seven pages, and 130 posts, and so far only two people in this forum seem to have used it:

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Love it.

Definitely worth the money

The second link from a day ago consists of only those four words.

My son-in-law has the Spark and has flown it in the rain, in Iceland, but without any additional protection. The drone completed its mission and is still alive. Thus, there is more water resistance built into these drones than I would have imagined.

This begs the question: how much additional protection is this product really providing??

To be convinced that this product works, I need to see two identical drones, one with a wetsuit and one without, flying the same mission, at 25-30 mph, of a duration over ten minutes, in a steady rain. The rain doesn't have to be a deluge, just something more than a mist. The unprotected drone has to fail, and the protected one has to return, unharmed. The test should be done by a third party, not by the vendor.

As an engineer, it seems to me that except for the battery compartment, there are a whole lot of other avenues for the moisture to penetrate that the wetsuit won't cover.

So for those reading this post, if you have this product, have you used it, did your drone survive, and is the drone still functioning the same as it did before?

Thought I would share this with you;

This guy has flown over 350 flights with his wet suit and sent this in, speaks volumes I think.

We get a lot of testimonials but this one stands out.

Reactions: ff22
Landing the Mavic just got a hole lot easier in extreme weather conditions.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and
maker of the Lunar Landing Pad System.

Reactions: ff22
I couldn't get the video to play. It's a problem with a lot of Vimeo videos. The ones I upload play fine, as to some others.

From what I can tell (I was able to see the picons on the timeline as I moved my cursor along, so I sort of can tell what this does), this looks like an interesting product, and hope you'll have information on your site soon.

I couldn't get the video to play. It's a problem with a lot of Vimeo videos. The ones I upload play fine, as to some others.

From what I can tell (I was able to see the picons on the timeline as I moved my cursor along, so I sort of can tell what this does), this looks like an interesting product, and hope you'll have information on your site soon.

Thanks John, I might have been updating the video maybe, I think it plays now but Its also posted on the website,, Thank you

Got the Smart Controller , and looking forward to getting it out in the Pouring Rain and finding a failure point if there is any .

I have high hopes considering how much I abused the Pro Plus Controller on the Phantom. Will keep everyone posted.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic.

Hi Phantomrain!

The wetsuit looks like a great product and thank you for all the follow-up videos; answering so many questions and doubts.

I have just a few questions, albeit I don't even own a Mavic yet, deciding on buying one for the company; is that the waterproofing looks spot on but does this change the internal temperature increasing wear and tear on components and draining battery cycle life? Meaning, if I have this on my Mavic in the heat of summer, with no rain, have you noticed any variables or abnormalities?

Also the landing pad, I've seen so many videos of people hand launching and landing. Was your initial design of this pad for safety?

any follow up on the smart controller?

Thank you for your time!

VR - me

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hi Phantomrain!

The wetsuit looks like a great product and thank you for all the follow-up videos; answering so many questions and doubts.

I have just a few questions, albeit I don't even own a Mavic yet, deciding on buying one for the company; is that the waterproofing looks spot on but does this change the internal temperature increasing wear and tear on components and draining battery cycle life? Meaning, if I have this on my Mavic in the heat of summer, with no rain, have you noticed any variables or abnormalities?

Also the landing pad, I've seen so many videos of people hand launching and landing. Was your initial design of this pad for safety?

any follow up on the smart controller?

Thank you for your time!

VR - me

The Wet Suit provides Year round protection, we have found no temperture increase as the Layer of Neoprene 1.5mm on the battery and 2.0 on the Wet Suit itself so very minimal.

The wet suit weighs 0.3 ounces and because of that we have found no variables of any kind.

Anyone can hand catch there drone in perfect or what I call a Marry Poppins Day. , but when if ever have you seen anyone hand catch a drone in 15 mph winds. I can tell you that the risk of hand catching increases dramtically.

If you fly near the ocean or the lake, you have sand and wind, they our the threats ,

WIND is a Constant variable and you cannot just run away from it so the Lunar Pad allows you to Negotiate that by increasing the safety and confidence to take off and land.

Both the Lunar Pad and the Wet Suits our Powerful tools to allow you to fly more often than not.

As far as the Smart Controller goes, we have not had a really good surging storm to test it in , just some light rain lasting a few minutes, but so far its holding up really well.

Thank you for your interest.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803