DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom. "I got run over by a car."

My gut says the battery was in auto discharge mode, not charged pre flight ?
If so, and a pilot uses it thinking “there’s only one bar down, that’s fine for a quick flight”, but the cells can often be unbalanced and lead to this issue shortly after taking off.
Can you confirm if the battery was taken out not topped up by the charger, or if it as flown previously that day ?
The latter is ok to do from a percentage like 60%, but of course with greater care.
The battery may be damaged in that cell, so after charging next flight check the balances in the app after start up and maybe a few times during a safe location (and close) test flight.
Good luck with whatever replacement you end up with.

Reactions: NedKelly
The battery serial# seems to be 0P2AFAT53405R6 and that points to a manufacturing date of 27 October 2018.
And the drone have 163CGALR0A3VSJ with a manufacturing date of 20 October 2019.
The battery serial# seems to be 0P2AFAT53405R6 and that points to a manufacturing date of 27 October 2018.
And the drone have 163CGALR0A3VSJ with a manufacturing date of 20 October 2019.
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, from memory, and I “quarantined” the battery. If OK with you I will see if I can find the flight log for that occasion and see if maybe I set aside the wrong battery. Your help is very much appreciated.

My gut says the battery was in auto discharge mode, not charged pre flight ?
If so, and a pilot uses it thinking “there’s only one bar down, that’s fine for a quick flight”, but the cells can often be unbalanced and lead to this issue shortly after taking off.
Can you confirm if the battery was taken out not topped up by the charger, or if it as flown previously that day ?
The latter is ok to do from a percentage like 60%, but of course with greater care.
The battery may be damaged in that cell, so after charging next flight check the balances in the app after start up and maybe a few times during a safe location (and close) test flight.
Good luck with whatever replacement you end up with.
“My gut says the battery was in auto discharge mode, not charged pre flight ?
If so, and a pilot uses it thinking “there’s only one bar down, that’s fine for a quick flight”, but the cells can often be unbalanced and lead to this issue shortly after taking off.”
You are spot-on with your comment above re the battery. It was to be a very short flight to see how the building works were progressing. Thanks for your comment re monitoring the battery at various states. “Sounds like a good plan 99” Mind you, you may be a bit young to remember that “TV” quote.
I knew that the Mavic 3 release was close whoever with all my extra bits for the zoom, filters batteries etc and the expected price increase of the Mavic 3 it was a no brainer for me to purchase another M 2 zoom. I found a new one selling for $250 off the RRP. I ordered it on the Wednesday, from Victoria, and it was delivered on Friday mooring. Good service. I will do as you suggest and do some test flight in a big open paddock.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
for me to purchase another M 2 zoom. I found a new one selling for $250 off the RRP. I ordered it on the Wednesday, from Victoria, and it was delivered on Friday mooring.

Good to hear.

“Sounds like a good plan 99” Mind you, you may be a bit young to remember that “TV” quote.

I wish !
Remember the series very well.
But strangely, we have a D i c k Tracy wrist phone (Apple watch) but no shoe phone yet ?
What's to not want with one of those ?

Edit - the name ****, one of the casualties of modern censorship !!

Reactions: NedKelly
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, from memory, and I “quarantined” the battery. If OK with you I will see if I can find the flight log for that occasion and see if maybe I set aside the wrong battery. Your help is very much appreciated.

Sure, no problems ... just attach the log in a new post here in this thread & I can have a look.

Thanks. Wiil do.
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, from memory, and I “quarantined” the battery. I can’t find the flight log for the date, 4th May 2020, in the SC MCDatFlightRecords folder. I can find it OK in the SC flight records. I will upload the 2 flight logs that are the “closest” to the date on a later post. The battery starts out at 44%. It was to be a short flight. I was a lot shorter that I anticipated. At 1:04 min into the flight the battery goes from 39% to 0% and then starts to land. I was able to retrieve it OK. I then quarantined the battery. I think I quarantined the correct one but…..

See some screen shots while I look fro the flight logs. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-154342.png
    Screenshot_20211109-154342.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20211109-160224.png
    Screenshot_20211109-160224.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20211109-160243.png
    Screenshot_20211109-160243.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals