DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 (9-Frame / Wide Angle) Pano Stitching Issues - Anyone else?

try PanoVolo, we have an automatic correction that solves this issue. It does it as part of the stitching process, so there is no quality degradation compared to fixing it after the stitching.
Going to try it. Thanks

try PanoVolo, we have an automatic correction that solves this issue. It does it as part of the stitching process, so there is no quality degradation compared to fixing it after the stitching.
How about a version for Chromebook? That would be nice.

Wont be able to try Panovolo for a bit. I'm still on Sierra on my MacBook Pro (OS 15.6) and it needs a newer OS. But that will happen soon....

Wont be able to try Panovolo for a bit. I'm still on Sierra on my MacBook Pro (OS 15.6) and it needs a newer OS. But that will happen soon....
If you ever upgrade to Apple Silicon I can tell you that the performance is pretty incredible. Panorama stitching is a very computationally-intense task and M2 is easily 3-4x times faster than Intel, I could not believe it when I saw the results.

Exactly! You can create multiple flat panos in every direction from the original 26 images created in only 40 seconds, if you want to cancel the in-camera 360 pano stitch, to save time ! PTGui and PanoramaStudio 3 Pro are indispensable for creating the interactive web version of the 360 panos for hosting on one's own website!
What viewer are you using currently to host the interactive 360’s on a website?

Years ago when I was doing a lot of 360x180’s with my DSLR’s, and a pano bracket, there were a number of options for QuickTime viewers that would create templates for basic pages with the equirectangular format.
But that’s all obsolete now.

Also I need it Mac OS friendly

If you ever upgrade to Apple Silicon I can tell you that the performance is pretty incredible. Panorama stitching is a very computationally-intense task and M2 is easily 3-4x times faster than Intel, I could not believe it when I saw the results.
Would love to but I’ve other needs priority before spending another $4-6k to upgrade….

What viewer are you using currently to host the interactive 360’s on a website?

Years ago when I was doing a lot of 360x180’s with my DSLR’s, and a pano bracket, there were a number of options for QuickTime viewers that would create templates for basic pages with the equirectangular format.
But that’s all obsolete now.

Also I need it Mac OS friendly

it's a wordpress plugin - Panorama – Panorama, 360 Degree image viewer, Not great as it downscales the original image too much, so I'm looking for something better. There are image hostings specifically for 360 content - momento360, kuula,

If you use flickr, it shows 360 panoramas too in the basic interactive viewer.

I tried Panovolo with my DNG's and it totally failed. All photos matched, yet the horizon was all jacked up and more like a lazy letter 'U'.

Reactions: redserv
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS