DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
The sunshade problem could be more easily solved if DJI would just give us back the option to program one of the C1 or C2 buttons as an acknowledgement of whatever warning dialog box they have placed over the FPV, forcing us to touch the screen every time instead, while also removing a needed hand from one of the two control sticks! That programmability currently exists on the Mavic 2 in the GO 4 app, but sadly does not currently exist on the Mavic 3 in the Fly app!
I guess it depends what you mean by "sunshade problem" because the need to acknowledge warnings is only part of what the screen is used for. For me, it would makes dealing with warnings easier but wouldn't remove the need to access the screen.

I guess it depends what you mean by "sunshade problem" because the need to acknowledge warnings is only part of what the screen is used for. For me, it would makes dealing with warnings easier but wouldn't remove the need to access the screen.
I'm curious as to what other screen access do you need, that can't otherwise be accomplished using the controller itself, with appropriate settings for the various buttons and wheels? Myself, using the GO 4 app with the Mavic 2 Pro, I am able to control everything within a shoot, without touching the screen, so both thumbs can stay on the sticks for smooth video maneuvers and simultaneous gimbal control.

https://a.co/d/235RxsC Molle Ifak Pouch

For those that may be interested. I've never been hard case kinda guy as it just takes up to much space. I'm a 16yr veteran with the City of Miami Police Department. I got my DJI Mini 3 Pro a couple months ago and just wanted something light and portable to carry the drone around in. Actually going through the rear of my police vehicle, I ran across a old molle ifak pouch. I purchased a new through the link provided for only $16 bucks and it gets the job done. I uploaded a few photos so you guys can see how small and portable the bag can be even with a small carrying handle.

Attachments

• 20220930_032709.jpg
    20220930_032709.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220930_032718.jpg
    20220930_032718.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220930_032836.jpg
    20220930_032836.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220930_032848.jpg
    20220930_032848.jpg
    853.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220930_032903.jpg
    20220930_032903.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220930_033021.jpg
    20220930_033021.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220930_033106.jpg
    20220930_033106.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 6
I'm curious as to what other screen access do you need, that can't otherwise be accomplished using the controller itself, with appropriate settings for the various buttons and wheels? Myself, using the GO 4 app with the Mavic 2 Pro, I am able to control everything within a shoot, without touching the screen, so both thumbs can stay on the sticks for smooth video maneuvers and simultaneous gimbal control.
Well, there are only so many buttons you can customize and so any configuration is going to means losing something. Besides the obvious camera settings, the intelligent flight modes require screen usage. I regularly use three of them ActiveTrack, Spotlight, & Point of Interest to frame my shots quickly. On more complex shoots I will use waypoints which are awesome at ensuring you get the best angles, framing and composition... and repeat the exact same flight if it doesn't work perfectly.

Well, there are only so many buttons you can customize and so any configuration is going to means losing something. Besides the obvious camera settings, the intelligent flight modes require screen usage. I regularly use three of them ActiveTrack, Spotlight, & Point of Interest to frame my shots quickly. On more complex shoots I will use waypoints which are awesome at ensuring you get the best angles, framing and composition... and repeat the exact same flight if it doesn't work perfectly.
That's why I specified within a shoot, by which I meant within a video shot. Once you decide what you are going to shoot and select it, as long as you can acknowledge the onscreen warnings with a button press, you can keep your hands on the controls and make good use of a sunshade that has the ability to slip a hand into it prior to hitting r3cord. However, the inability to remove the popups in the Fly app with a button during video recording is a nonstarter!

However, I still prefer flying commando, with no sunshade at all! Just find some real shade!

That's why I specified within a shoot, by which I meant within a video shot. Once you decide what you are going to shoot and select it, as long as you can acknowledge the onscreen warnings with a button press, you can keep your hands on the controls and make good use of a sunshade that has the ability to slip a hand into it prior to hitting r3cord. However, the inability to remove the popups in the Fly app with a button during video recording is a nonstarter!

However, I still prefer flying commando, with no sunshade at all! Just find some real shade!
Within a shoot? You mean once your drone is airborne you only do one shot? Not me. I'll shoot several manual maneuvers and then oftentimes several intelligent flight modes, all within 10-15mins... and that means hand access to the screen.

It's quite often possible to fly without a sunshade and even find shade in semi-bright days, but there's no getting around the fact that there are going to be time when you either get no footage or you fly in bright sun... until then....

Within a shoot? You mean once your drone is airborne you only do one shot? Not me. I'll shoot several manual maneuvers and then oftentimes several intelligent flight modes, all within 10-15mins... and that means hand access to the screen.

It's quite often possible to fly without a sunshade and even find shade in semi-bright days, but there's no getting around the fact that there are going to be time when you either get no footage or you fly in bright sun... until then....
No. What I meant is within each shot. Touching the screen in between video shots won't ruin any video maneuvers requiring both hands on the sticks at all times. For still shots, or intelligent flight modes, set them up, and put the hood on to execute, if you can't find shade.

that StartRC bag has room only for 2 batteries?

Can you put the third battery on the M3 and then be able to fit it and 2 additional batteries in that bag with accessories?

that StartRC bag has room only for 2 batteries?

Can you put the third battery on the M3 and then be able to fit it and 2 additional batteries in that bag with accessories?
Three batteries total. One in the drone, plus two more in the bag.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627