DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 domestic prices out

You might have better luck calling a smaller, private store. They probably know if anyone is getting them, even if they aren't, and would probably be more likely to tell you something like "we have them, but aren't allowed to sell them yet". I've run into this a lot with other products, usually DSLRs.

You'll also know right away at launch because places like B&H will have pre-order links up if they are going to get them.

This suggests at least some retailers are getting them right away:

I tried to call the only local camera store, that also sells DJI products, and the guy didn't even know anything about it.

SO either smaller stores don't have them or this place just doesn't have them.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I tried calling our local BB and it just went to some national system. I'm wondering if showing up in store in person would be better.

Same here. I might run over there after work, it's only a mile.

This thread has made me realize I don’t much about sensors! Other than how big they are. 😃 I guess, at the end of the day, the metric that counts is the quality of what the combination of the camera processor + the sensor can produce. And we won’t be able to analyze that until early buyers get photos to us.

Even sensor sizes can be very confusing haha - for example a 1" sensor is not 1" in any dimension. It's almost exactly 0.5" across and about 0.6" diagonal. This stems from an antiquated way of measuring related to video camera tubes. Back then, the usable sensor size for a 1" tube was 16mm, which is the diagonal measurement of a 1" sensor. Using both imperial and metric measurements didn't help either haha. So the 4/3 sensor in the M3 is based on that same 16mm standard, and it's diagonal measurement is around 21-22mm.

Last edited:
Even sensor sizes can be very confusing haha - for example a 1" sensor is not 1" in any dimension. It's almost exactly 0.5" across and about 0.6" diagonal. This stems from an antiquated way of measuring related to video camera tubes. Back then, the usable sensor size for a 1" tube was 16mm, which is the diagonal measurement of a 1" sensor. Using both imperial and metric measurements didn't help either haha.
Wow, so I don't even know how big they are! What I do know is that I was floored when I saw the improvement between the original MP and the M2P still photos. I'm hoping for a noticeable improvement again, even if the magnitude of change is less. How's that for a non-quantitative response?😀

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Looks like TechCrunch published an article early and pulled it down. This went URL online 5 hours ago.

Apparently PetaPixel had an article too. A summary of both is at The DJI Mavic 3 launch day reveals leak early, confirming price tag, specifications and missing features

Wow, so I don't even know how big they are! What I do know is that I was floored when I saw the improvement between the original MP and the M2P still photos. I'm hoping for a noticeable improvement again, even if the magnitude of change is less. How's that for a non-quantitative response?😀

Not all of them are that confusing haha, but many of them are, especially the smaller sizes.

There is a big difference between the 12MP 1/2/.3" sensor used in the original MP vs the 20MP 1" sensor used in the M2P for sure. A 1" sensor has over four times the sensing area. That was a very significant upgrade indeed.

Moving from a 1" sensor to a 4/3 sensor we will be getting a sensor area increase of about 1.94X which is still a lot, but as you pointed out, will not be as significant as moving from the original MP to the M2P. Resolution is the same, so what changes is primarily pixel size and therefore light gathering ability.

Reactions: RonBower
I just stopped into my local Best Buy. A DJI rep was setting up a display for the new pocket cam. He said it is very unlikely there will be any Mavic threes in retail locations in Denver tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: thispilothere
Looks like TechCrunch published an article early and pulled it down. This went URL online 5 hours ago.

Apparently PetaPixel had an article too. A summary of both is at The DJI Mavic 3 launch day reveals leak early, confirming price tag, specifications and missing features
Wow the prices are even worse than we were suspecting.

The Mavic 3 will launch for US$2,199 in the US with a battery, charger, a remote control and three pairs of spare propellers. By contrast, DJI will charge US$2,999 for the Fly More Combo with three batteries, six pairs of propellers and ND filters. However, only the Cine model supports ProRes 422 HQ, which runs to US$4,999. DJI includes 1 TB of built-in storage with that model though, along with an a

And on top of that, some features or capabilities will be missing at launch.

So the Inspire 3 will go into 5 figures probably.

Reactions: thispilothere
Tons of reviews up on Youtube. I'll spend the next few hours watching.

Already looks like the telephoto camera is a bust. maybe software upgrades can add some functions.

Solid pre release order pricing here in Australia, Sphere Drones.
This will be set retail I bet from DJI and resellers.

Edit for basic, which came from another retailer here . . .

Basic M3 AU$3099 = ~ US$2291 (vs basic on the best buy site above US$2199)
Flymore AU$4199 = ~ US$3106 (vs flymore on the best buy site above US$2999)
Cine AU$7199 = ~ US$5325 (vs Cine on the best buy site above $4999)

Not as far away as it can be down under.

Last edited:
DJI Mavic 3 CINE: 32,888 CNY (5,137 USD)

DJI Mavic 3 Flymore: 17,688 CNY (2,762 USD)

Cheapest Mavic 3 set: 13,888 CNY (2,169 USD)

So confirmed retail on those above packages in the US are . . .

CINE US$4999
Flymore US$2999
Basic US$2199

Close enough to conversion in the OP.
Interesting the CINE is the only package that converts for less US$ than Chinese Yuan, maybe they wanted to keep it under the phycological $5k mark.
Flymore, squeeze a little more out of the prosumers.

Reactions: fiberdude
yikes thats pricey, reading thru this thread the opinion seems the same just a bit too much for most most people. DJi may have made a price error here methinks

oh and at this point its too much for me too sad face

So confirmed retail on those above packages in the US are . . .

CINE US$4999
Flymore US$2999
Basic US$2199

Close enough to conversion in the OP.
Interesting the CINE is the only package that converts for less US$ than Chinese Yuan, maybe they wanted to keep it under the phycological $5k mark.
Flymore, squeeze a little more out of the prosumers.

As comparison, Mavic 3 prices in Singapore (inclusive of 7% GST) are:

CINE US$ 5199
Flymore US$ 2799
Basic US$ 2199

Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Basic cost is a typo ?
Probably US$ 2199 ?

(I can never get onto another country’s DJI store, always diverts back to the Australian site.)
Yes you're correct. I find it's a bit hit and miss with the DJI store, sometimes it redirects me back to the UK store but other times it's fine with me selecting another.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661