DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 domestic prices out

Well, I don't see myself getting one either!

My M3 drone can stay in the shelf. As my secondary job I'm very happy with my mavic zoom which I exchange cameras to make it a pro and it gives me more than what I need.
I have the M2Z as well. Thought about getting the Pro Camera but bought the Air 2s and am very happy with it.

Reactions: Droniac
I’d be surprised if they raise the price that much for what is only the Mavic 2 pro replacement. Unless they see it as a new Mavic line and keep the 2 Pro along with it. I’ve been waiting for an updated Pro model as the gap between the Mavic and Inspire is huge at the moment. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Markets around the World won't be getting a straight conversion from Chinese Yuan to local currency though, rarely happens.
There will be lots of factors involved, retailer markups, shipping logistics, how 'rich' a countys' population is (what the market will bear), demand will play a big role too, volume, both demographically and for end use . . . the much higher commercial ability / professional use = less in number of sales than consumer drones.

Wait and see, not long now I guess until local pre sales will be happening, and no doubt DJIs recommended price in local markets will be what agents / retailers take on too.

Way too rich for me.

Yep. As a die hard DJI supporter and fan, having flown and owned almost every drone they have made (except for Inspire) I am out. I have never had a problem shelling out money for their products, but this one is just too much for me to feel good about spending that kind of money.

Direct currency conversions from other countries can't be used as they are never accurate. It's actually something that is genuinely surprising for me as it happens with literally every launch of every product I can possibly think of, and people still react to it haha. Retail pricing is different in every country, freight costs differ, and taxes/tariffs differ. It can sometimes give a general idea, but that's about it.

US retail portal pricing leaked a long time ago so that is the best we have to go on until announcement.

Another thing to keep in mind regarding the likely $2049 USD price - the Air 2S essentially replaces the current M2P at $999, the M3 is a significant upgrade from that in virtually all aspects and is priced accordingly. Sensor size is a huge factor when determining cost. The M2P / Air2S are still great drones that probably do what 90% of people want them to already, so there is likely no real urgency to upgrade to the M3 unless there is a specific feature you are after. DJI just shuffled their lineup around a bit it seems - all it means is more choices for people, and better prices on the 1" sensor drones. I see that as a win.

Last edited:
Direct currency conversions from other countries can't be used as they are never accurate. It's actually something that is genuinely surprising for me as it happens with literally every launch of every product I can possibly think of, and people still react to it haha. Retail pricing is different in every country, freight costs differ, and taxes/tariffs differ. It can sometimes give a general idea, but that's about it.

US retail portal pricing leaked a long time ago so that is the best we have to go on until announcement.

Another thing to keep in mind regarding the likely $2049 USD price - the Air 2S essentially replaces the current M2P at $999, the M3 is a significant upgrade from that in virtually all aspects and is priced accordingly. Sensor size is a huge factor when determining cost. The M2P / Air2S are still great drones that probably do what 90% of people want them to already, so there is likely no real urgency to upgrade to the M3 unless there is a specific feature you are after. DJI just shuffled their lineup around a bit it seems - all it means is more choices for people, and better prices on the 1" sensor drones. I see that as a win.
My hope kinda was that there would be an offering between the Fly More and the Cine that had the SC2 included.

In all reality my Air2 does just fine for whatever I need. I was kinda eyeing the Air2S with an SC, but then rumors of this thing popped up. I guess I figured I'd just wait and spend a few bucks more to get the big daddy. Never once in my life have I ever bought something that was more than I needed and had regrets... Anyway, if they offered the Fly More + SC2 for the mid $3k range I'd be pretty happy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23