DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 gimbal problem

An Vu

Reactions
Hi everyone, my Mavic 3 has problem with gimbal. It cant do the auto gimbal calibrating ( just go 40% then the app says error ), I must turn the air craft off and then on, the process goes through. It happens many times, every time I want to calibrate the gimbal I must do that : turn off and then on the air craft. Is there any one has the same issue like me ?

Is there a particular reason that you are calibrating the gimbal? I have never had to do that with the one I have.

Is this a new Mavic 3? You didn't by chance leave that little black piece of packing that protected the gimbal in shipping on and then attempted to fire up the M3 for the first time did you?

Its a new Mavic 3, and I did carefully remove all the protection around the gimbal for the first flight. And all the flights just hovering around my house. No crash at all, no rain, snow.. condition. Its made me crazy these days 😨

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Its a new Mavic 3, and I did carefully remove all the protection around the gimbal for the first flight. And all the flights just hovering around my house. No crash at all, no rain, snow.. condition. Its made me crazy these days 😨
It sounds like the gimbal's motor is or was hung up at some point. Its quite fragile. If this drone is days old from somewhere (like Best Buy) I would instantly swap it or force a return. If not, you must send it to DJI and they WILL fix it 100%. You can, at least, count on DJI doing a superior job if they have to get involved.

Maybe you can just return/exchange it?

Your issue needs to be repaired or replaced. You should not be constantly getting that message. Post number 6 has the solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw